Forums > Watchmen: The End is Nigh

Watchmen: The Price is High?

Posts (6)

• hey36

hey36

#12190569 - 10 years ago

Hello. I recently downloaded the trial for this game and I thought that it was enjoyable and thrilling to play as both Rorschach and Night Owl. However, I think that $20 is WAY too much to pay for any XBLA game, including this one. Though the quality of the game matches that of a $60 retail game, I still believe that it should be worth $10 or $15 at the most because, from what I understand, the story mode only lasts 3-4 hours at most. When you figure in that you will probably play both story modes and play a third time for the speed run achievement, the game now lasts a maximum of 9 hours of gameplay and you'll probably never touch it again afterwards.

I wish that this was a retail game, because this game feels very "renty" to me. You know, a game I would rent from Blockbuster on a Friday and bring it back on Monday.

What are your thoughts on the price of this game? Too high? Just right? Don't care? Please post your comments.

• Vroboros00

Vroboros00

#12201263 - 10 years ago

It is way too much to pay for it.
    Although I'd like to pick it up. I might, despite the high price.

• tinybronzgod

tinybronzgod

#12205801 - 10 years ago

What game would you most compare it with? I may go pik it up. I'm always leary about when comix transfer to other medias. Just like with movies, there's usually so much story that it's tough to fit it all in a game/film. Especially in this case.

• hey36

hey36

#12207673 - 10 years ago

It's your standard beat 'em up game. Basically, you find yourself surrounded by 3-12 thugs per encounter. Each encounter feels similar. You do learn new moves (by walking into icons) and can chain together combos. There are secrets in each level that increase your overall health/rage meter/charge meter. In a way, it reminds me of the first Spider-Man game based off of the movies.

To be honest, I had a lot of fun playing the trial. I felt like a bad ass when I was playing (especially as Rorschach). I just wish that it was available at Blockbuster so I could spend $5 renting it instead of spending $20 on buying it and not being able to return it.

• WildRile

WildRile

#12211897 - 10 years ago

Same games are worth the higher prices, like The Lost and The Damned and Braid, but from what I've heard about this one is that while the looks are $60 quality, but it is $5 fun. Shame, I was hoping that this was going to be good. It's just another terrible movie tie-in to toss in the growing pile.

• tonyski

tonyski change is scary

#12216893 - 10 years ago

it has achievements that don't end in 5 or 0. it doesn't deserve anything.