Forums > Website and Mobile Apps

Spam report

Posts (7)

• Shichahn

Shichahn

#14337500 - 8 years ago

Not sure if there is a better place to put this, but I know some users have been receiving spam messages from bots on the site, and I just received one myself, from user "doris222":

Hello my dear how are you today with hope all is well with you My name is Doris, i saw your profile today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you more,and if you can send an email to my email address,i will give you my pictures here is my email address (dorisbenzebii7@gmail.com) i believe we can move from here! Awaiting for your mail to my email address above Doris.please my Dear try and contact me in my box ok am waiting to see you thanks

(dorisbenzebii7@gmail.com)

I know that being able to mark messages as spam or flag users as bots has the potential for abuse, and making way more work than necessary for our forum mods, but some method of cleaning up the spambots on the site might be nice.

• Mike

Mike FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Feed Me Memes

#14337522 - 8 years ago

In reply to Shichahn, #1:

The best way for now would be to just let a mod or site admin know.

• pal_sch

pal_sch

#14337621 - 8 years ago

Relevant.

• Shichahn

Shichahn

#14337689 - 8 years ago

In reply to Mike, #2:

Got it, thanks.

• Wosky

Wosky FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14337833 - 8 years ago

I had the exact same message, but from 'jenny4love'. I looked at 'her' log and found that 'she' had posted this on other people's comments as well.

When I looked back a few hours later her profile was gone.

So, fast work to whichever mod took her profile down, but whoever it is has just made another one.

• Livein5

Livein5

#14338562 - 8 years ago

yup, i was contacted by doris too

• dreamcast717

dreamcast717

#14339120 - 8 years ago

Doris.. she's such a slut.