Forums > Words

I Totally Make Up Words

Posts (16)

• EyeQuirk

EyeQuirk

#31072122 - 8 years ago

Its true. Like confunction. "Confounded function!" It's like a curse word, only not in the cussy dirty whore mouth sense. Or other made up stuff like "oh mufffer" It's like mother F*cuker in in muffled sense.

Funny how many things you can make up when trying to disguise your rage. List some of yours!

• Rev_Pleb

Rev_Pleb

#31072123 - 8 years ago

Our children have provided the best words in our family:

Chope (v) ch-OH-p To rub a small treasured token affectionately, often on the top lip.
    'Choping' is a source of comfort, often combined with thumb sucking, although at about 3 years old Caleb pronounced that "Choping gives you power." This claim has yet to be verified.

Dutloo (n) DUH-t-lu A Volkswagen Beetle

Whibbey (n) WHIB-bee Any carapaced-type beetle, particularly ones that can scurry about

Gammell (n) GAH-mill A foolish or silly person. An acceptible substitute for 'idiot' from the mouth of a three year old.

• mama

mama FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31072124 - 8 years ago

I drive a dutloo.

When Geoff was little an elevator was only an elevator when it went up. When it came down it was a downevator.. This made perfect sense to a four year old, and to me.

• Rev_Pleb

Rev_Pleb

#31072125 - 8 years ago

It's a pity more people aren't contributing here. I love expanding my vocab, especially with nonsensical terms.

I have to say 'shizno' is one of my favourite expletives now, although still not something i want the kids borrowing (but only because then i'd have to explain it)

Thanks, RT, for enriching my world.

• Dunharrow

Dunharrow

#31072126 - 8 years ago

I hate the word 'wenis' = the skin on your elbow.

I hate it.
    I hate it.
    I hate it.

It's a word made up to describe elbow skin. Why would you need a word for that? And, if you are going to have a word for that - WHY would you make a penis-joke?

So - to express this hatred, I ranted that we might as well call the area between the eyebrows a 'Lagina'.

Which means....

Unibrow = a person with a very hairy lagina.

• EyeQuirk

EyeQuirk

#31072127 - 8 years ago

Honkytonk is made up I think. They use it in country songs but its not a dictionary word. MEANS NICE ASS WOOT.

• Rev_Pleb

Rev_Pleb

#31072128 - 8 years ago

My son made up a word a few nights back.
    We were cooking bananas with marshmallows, wrapped in aluminum foil and dropped in the embers of the campfire.

He has designated this wonderous dessert 'Barshmallows'
    The variation with chocolate added is simply a chocolate barshmallow.

• WonderPickle

WonderPickle

#31072129 - 8 years ago

I make up words too. So before I joined this group, I made this.

• WonderPickle

WonderPickle

#31072130 - 8 years ago

In reply to Rev_Pleb, #2:

I like choping. And that it gives you power.

• EyeQuirk

EyeQuirk

#31072131 - 8 years ago

Brug. Brug being the wake up call for all who could sleep until 3 IN THE MORNING.

• Rev_Pleb

Rev_Pleb

#31072132 - 8 years ago

In reply to EyeQuirk, #10:

Brug is a wonderfully succinct word, but .. ummm ... aren't you supposed to sleep until well past 3AM? Or am i doing it wrong?

• EyeQuirk

EyeQuirk

#31072133 - 8 years ago

I meant COULDN'T. Stupid sticky N key. ITS CHIRFUGGING DIFFICULT TO TYPE SOMETIMES.

New word. Chirfugging. I'll let you all catch onto what it means.

• Dunharrow

Dunharrow

#31072134 - 8 years ago

I recently invented a theoretical treatment for cancer, infections, transplants and autoimmune diseases. It is called immunohypnotherapy, and involves hypnotizing your white blood cells to be more activated and fight off your cancer or your infection, or hypnotizing them to be less active to reduce your autoimmune disease or to prevent organ transplant rejection.

But I'm not sure how this would work... it's not like lymphocytes can be hypnotized with a coin.... they don't have eyes.

I want it to exist. Then we could cure diseases without drugs. No needles, no side-effects....

• CptnOmally

CptnOmally

#31072135 - 7 years ago

In reply to Dunharrow, #13:

Obviously you would need to swallow the moin (magic coin)

• EyeQuirk

EyeQuirk

#31072136 - 7 years ago

Dunharrow, you just blew my freakin' mind O_o.

New Word: Blughuggering. It's also quite vulgar when you're cursing in front of children without really cursing. So far it hasn't been rated the "gasp! she said it in front of children!" factor. SO BLUGHUGGER THAT YOU CHIRFUGGING LANGINAS.

• Nuovochic

Nuovochic FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31072137 - 7 years ago

We have a number of made up words that ge used in my family. Here are a few:
    Scrudidge- dried caked on goop usually of a somewhat icky nature. "Yuck, what is this scrudidge on my cell phone?"
    jellybomb- sticky food spot left behind on surfaces like tables and counters. "SARAH!!!!! Get in here and clean up your jellybombs."
    blargfargle-something that is all messed up. "My life is complete and total blargfargle!"