Forums > Xbox 360

Mass Effect 1/2 Horror Stories

Posts (15)

• MAEJ

MAEJ

#13595629 - 9 years ago

I know there's already a Mass Effect 2 topic but I wanted to start one that specifically deals with the toughest parts of the game for people. The so called horror stories.
    Mine is attempting to beat Pinnacle Station on Insanity mode with a technician. I spent a good couple of hours just trying to beat the Volcanic areas. Any time I would come close enough to killing enough enemies in survival or the like, WAM! Ran out of time. I've already figured out my solution but if anyone wants to post their moments of terror or just general WTF/anger moments, feel free to.

• CalPal

CalPal

#13595861 - 9 years ago

K, I literally had a glitch moment where Shepard could not move. At all.

And I was on the derelict collector ship, while fighting a Praetorian, on hardcore... let's just say I was pretty pissed off when that happened, especially since I could've beaten it that one time. >_<

• MAEJ

MAEJ

#13596256 - 9 years ago

In reply to CalPal, #2:

There's another one on Ilium right after you hand over some random information you get to a crime boss's associate or something about how he was cheated on some financial dealings or something. You go over to the random asari who's freaking out over it, talk to her and then if you even tap the edge of the stairway near her you go up onto the platform and can't get down. Very complex glitch but still a WTF moment. I think doing it on the derelict kind of tops it though.

• Sturmjaeger

Sturmjaeger

#13600039 - 9 years ago

I once had the game crash after completeing a mission and returning to the Normady in ME1. I had to do the mission over again. That's about the worst that's ever happened.

• Esquilax

Esquilax

#13600696 - 9 years ago

I was fighting through Virmire on the hardest difficulty, doing well, having fun. I had gotten to the top of one of those security gates the Geth had built, opened the door, and as I was leaving I guess I took the corner to the stairs a little too sharply, because Shepard was instantly shunted on top of the banister, and couldn't get down. Ever. Because my autosave plonked me back on the damn banister.

I had to restart the game on the Normandy orbiting Virmire. It was the worst thing in the entire world, and I don't think I'm overselling it by saying that.

• Monty8769

Monty8769 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#13600835 - 9 years ago

Hmm, remember quite a few. Mako + Vertical Wall on Feros. Shepard did get stuck randomly in ME1. Had some issues with shooting through the tips of hills/cover, ended up working either both ways, one way, or I shot over the object/land and it would still hit the object/land.

• CalPal

CalPal

#13601894 - 9 years ago

Oh yeah, also, Scions are a pain in the ass with Husks charging you, especially in areas that are very difficult to escape from, such as the corridors for the derelict reaper.

• discopete019

discopete019

#13610768 - 9 years ago

That WTF VORCHA WITH A FLAMETHROWER on Garrus' recruitment mission.

• Spartan229

Spartan229

#13613053 - 9 years ago

In reply to discopete019, #8:

He was a camping bitch.

• discopete019

discopete019

#13613392 - 9 years ago

In reply to Spartan229, #9:

Strangely, he was not there when I played on Insanity.

• CalPal

CalPal

#13614421 - 9 years ago

In reply to discopete019, #10:

Lucky bastard!

Also, funny thing happened on the last fight... not so much horror, but more like a 'WTF?!' moment.

I was fighting the Collectors, trying to get them before the platforms connected... I knocked out the shields of one of them, then had Mordin freeze one... the guy he froze, when the platforms connected, LITERALLY flew hundreds of feet in the air - going higher than the reaper - and was unfreezing as I watched him fall back down...

>:D

• NBC360

NBC360

#13680377 - 9 years ago

I had a glitch where shepard got knocked down by a biotic attack, but he never got up and his neck started to stretch and then his torso and legs until he had stretched about 30 feet. and it wasnt that the game froze, my companion characters were still fighting, you could see them and the enemies running around and shooting but sheperd just became mr. fantastic and stretched around crates.

• Lonewulfie

Lonewulfie

#13695422 - 9 years ago

In reply to NBC360, #12:

I had a glitch where shepard got knocked down by a biotic attack, but he never got up and his neck started to stretch and then his torso and legs until he had stretched about 30 feet. and it wasnt that the game froze, my companion characters were still fighting, you could see them and the enemies running around and shooting but sheperd just became mr. fantastic and stretched around crates.

Haha, such an amusing read, woulda loved to see it, you shoulda filmed it ^^

• NBC360

NBC360

#13696421 - 9 years ago

In reply to Lonewulfie, #13:

it was trippy to say the least, I think soon after that my xbox red ringed while i was playing fallout 3

• blue126

blue126

#13991168 - 9 years ago

I went into the clinic at mordins and when I went to talk to someone my head went into the ceiling. I could still move but only like 5 feet and I couldn't see.