Forums > Xbox 360

Youtube App on xbox360

Posts (8)

• hylianbeast

hylianbeast

#14985329 - 7 years ago

I REALLY don't like the YouTube app. It blocks almost every subscription I have, and it often has problems loading playlists.

• SpiderChief

SpiderChief

#14985559 - 7 years ago

In reply to hylianbeast, #2:

Could it be blocking subscriptions because of your Parental Control on your Xbox 360?

Post edited 12/22/11 8:25PM

• Dcon6393

Dcon6393

#14985884 - 7 years ago

My issue with the app is my same issue I have with the new dashboard. The UI seems like it is almost on a mission to confuse you. There is only 3-4 tabs per page, as opposed to actual organization. So basically the app itself is frustrating and annoying to use. I like the fact that it in on the Xbox, but they definitely need to tweak the interface.

There are a lot of glitches in terms of attempting to load videos, but they will work out those kinks. As of right now, Youtube on the xbox is not really worth using unless you have a really nice television IMO.

• JustVlad

JustVlad FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Sponsor

#14991833 - 7 years ago

My problem with the app is that there is no voice searching or even good enough voice control. Also no control of the video quality (a lot of times it is SD). And the video sometimes just stops playing (not sure if that is the xbox app issue or youtube's)

• DNaha

DNaha

#14993395 - 7 years ago

I haven't really used the Youtube app on the Xbox that much, but it seems okay from what I've used.

• Kermi

Kermi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14997070 - 7 years ago

In reply to SmoothC, #5:

I actually had a lot of success with voice commands, the voice recognition for video names is quite good. The only issue I had with it is the Kinect sometimes can't hear me over the video when I'm telling it to pause.

• NAGPxCreator

NAGPxCreator

#14998169 - 7 years ago

So far I've had no problems with it all.