Forums > zombie experts

How fast will it turn you?

Posts (22)

• TallTom55

TallTom55

#30104713 - 10 years ago

okay, so say like a zombie bit you and you know u have a short time 2 turn. how long will it take 2 turn u? does age and health matter? or is the results all the same?

• xCruelAngelx

xCruelAngelx

#30104714 - 10 years ago

In reply to TallTom55, #1:

Would depend entirely on the infection/virus. Health/age would make it a different length of time from person to person, but not a huge difference. Say like if the average was 10 minutes from infection to change, a healthy person might last as long as 15 minutes whereas someone else might only last 7. May also depend on the severity of the wounds and how much exposure you have. Bigger wounds kill you faster and also let more of the infection/virus into your system.

• sniperspring

sniperspring

#30104715 - 10 years ago

It wouldn't turn me, I'd keep a grenade or make-shift explosive on my belt in case I was ever infected. Lifestyle is a big issue. If you're a healthy eater and/or have a good level of fitness, then these things would affect the rate of infection. I think having a good level of fitness would kind of be a hinderance if you were infected as your cardiovascualr system would be more efficient and this would spread the virus through you're body quicker.

• xCruelAngelx

xCruelAngelx

#30104716 - 10 years ago

In reply to sniperspring, #3:

Should put it on a headband so you ensure it gets your brain hehe.

It would be quite funny if something like lettuce was the cause of the infection. I don't think I could hold back the "I told you so" (*takes lettuce and tomatoes off of everything*).

And no, being healthy wouldn't be a drawback. While it's probably true that blood circulates faster through a healthy person I doubt the difference is significant. However, a healthy person is more likely to have a stronger immune system which means their bodies will be able to fight off an infection longer because it takes longer for it to get a foothold.

• TallTom55

TallTom55

#30104717 - 10 years ago

In reply to xCruelAngelx, #4:

lettuce wouldn't effect me. i dont eat the stuff! :)

• UBCS_Lt

UBCS_Lt

#30104718 - 10 years ago

I'm not sure how long it would take for me to turn. But if I were to be bit by an infected person, I am sure I could hold out for maybe a day and a half tops.

• blargothon

blargothon

#30104719 - 10 years ago

It shouldn't matter how long it takes really, you get bitten there's only one cure,
    9 millimeters of lead, apply directly to the forehead

• Blade54

Blade54

#30104720 - 10 years ago

i agree with blargothon
    if i was bitten, id rather put a bullet in my brain then turn into a zombie
    OR i willingly infect myself and devour those i hate XD

• outbreak37

outbreak37

#30104721 - 10 years ago

Depending on the severity, yes it can take up to around 10-15 minutes for a bite to infect you. But if you're looking at something as simple as a quick nibble on the hand or something, you've got a good 2-3 hours before the virus completely renders you braindead. And then another 5-10 minutes before it takes over and reanimates your lifeless body. The thing that some people don't understand about zombies is...well...they're dead. Whoever you were when you got bitten, is not who you are when you become a zombie. The virus itself is what kills you, but before your entire body has a chance to shut down it kicks in and reanimates certain functions. I.E. The need to feed.

• Greed5

Greed5 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Podcaster

#30104722 - 10 years ago

The Zombie survival guide has a time chart telling how ling it takes it's about 20 hours total but you won't be concious for about 4 to six hours

• saren666

saren666

#30104723 - 10 years ago

to me, if ur bit ur already dead, i will shoot the persons brains out right there and then, it would be one less thing to worry about in the future

• JHM

JHM

#30104724 - 10 years ago

there is no way to tell.
    so in my opinion.

you wait for someone to try and start a rebillion, once they are rialed up you get them bit, get the first person to follow them, put them in a room togather and see how long second person lasts.

evil yes, but its the only way to make sure, just remember.

karma's a BITCH!

• JHM

JHM

#30104725 - 10 years ago

if I were bitten though I would smoke 2 bags of weed and walk into the crowd

that way when the zombies eat me I get them high and they eat eachother

okay I'd only do the first part.

• jadegalixia

jadegalixia

#30104726 - 10 years ago

In reply to xCruelAngelx, #2:

I see no reason why this virus would be medically different than actual infections. Your hypothesis seems logically sound.

• juanicimo

juanicimo

#30104727 - 10 years ago

well there is a comic i read called zombie hunters and i seem to agree with a point they made...
    that a person can live from an attack and just live life as "infected"....without turning..
    as where the virus is in fact a virus then its just a matter of time...
    and as with any other virus it could mutate and move faster...
    or it could be somwhat ineffective in certian individuals...
    its alot more common then people think that the human body becomes resistant to more and more viral infecction through the ages..
    as with aids, some, tho a tiny few, have it but dont succomb to its effects or symptoms for a large portion of thier lives!
    so there for theres mabey a chance that an infected could lead a full and meaningful lives (as full as one can, in a full scale outbreak)...
    untill they die from an accident or terminal illness or any other such event leading to immediate death or weakened immunties

• rexdillion

rexdillion

#30104728 - 10 years ago

there are so many variables but i hear people talking about how rabies would be a virus that could mutate and make zombies. depending on were you got bitten. it takes days to hit your brain.

• juanicimo

juanicimo

#30104729 - 10 years ago

In reply to rexdillion, #16:

i agree...
    varibles may be whats keepin nayhting close to the zombie virus from spreading..
    on the other hand a mutated rabies isnt all that insane..
    russian black squierls ring any bells?

• Cruelrath

Cruelrath

#30104730 - 10 years ago

I agree with Greed5 and the zomie survival guide. It would definitely take time for a virus to affect your system to such a degree and it wouldn't just be like 10-15 minutes.

• R33SE

R33SE

#30104731 - 10 years ago

If I was bitten by a zombie....What the hell isolate yourself from the group then come back later and enjoy the sweet Zombification...And if your lucky you may be immuned, No use killing yourself...Or if your not feeling sympathetic go nuts and attack everyone...The good die young but the undead are so evil.

• UndeadJakob

UndeadJakob

#30104732 - 10 years ago

If your bitten...Don't wait around...Like R33SE said, go nuts kill your party if you want...Feel free to do whatever you like in those precious few hours.

• Greed5

Greed5 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Podcaster

#30104733 - 10 years ago

In reply to saren666, #11:

kill after they die, it isn't an automatic thing and you could always use them as cannon fodder before tehy become a Zed

• MrJones95

MrJones95

#30104734 - 9 years ago

Fuck It i would Blow my own GOD DAMN head off