Forums > zombie experts

Zombie Plan

Posts (58)

• cabosetek

cabosetek

#30108342 - 10 years ago

as my first duty as new admin, I wanted to ask you all about your zombie plans. Please include details like, where you live, where you would go, how would you do it, guns, people, etc. etc. I would like to start. I live in California, so there would be quite a few zombies. Luckily, I don't live in a heavily populated area. Firstly, I'd head to my nearby gun store. I'd pick up a 9mm with a silencer, a .22 carbine and plenty of ammo. Next, I'd head to the mall, not to hole up in, but to find supplies. Really, holing up in a mall always leads to success. If there are any survivors, I'll offer them the chance to come with me. Finally, the last part of my plan goes two ways. One, I'd head to the airport and try to find a living pilot on the way, so I could head to Alaska. I'd head to Alaska because in the winter, the zombies will freeze. In the spring, We'll be ready for the freshly thawed zombies and shoot them in the head. Or, two, I'd head to the biggest apartment complex in the area. I, along with other survivors I might meet, will clear it out of zombies and barricade it against them using whatever I can. I'd stay there and wait for rescue. I appreciate any helpful criticism because until the zombies come, it's always a good idea to update your plan.

• xCruelAngelx

xCruelAngelx

#30108343 - 10 years ago

This is just my opinion, for whatever it's worth. Firstly, you should have weapons ready BEFORE the Zombie Apocalypse. Gun stores and armories will be the first thing raided after the infection. Second, same thing for supplies. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a crowded place like a shopping mall because the only way it wouldn't have lots of people (and thus lots of zombie potential) is if the infection goes down while it's closed and nobody had a chance to open it. Third, airplanes = fail. Why? Requires you to be near an airport (another heavily populated area ESPECIALLY during a disaster where people will try to flock to distant loved ones). Airplanes require long, cleared areas to take off and land (helicopter would be exponentially better if you just absolutely had to have air transportation). While taking off and landing airplanes make lots of noise, like ringing a dinner bell for all nearby zombies. Fourth... what is up with Alaska? I mean I get it: dead bodies don't generate internal heat and basically freeze or seriously hamper movement once the outside temperature is low enough. But you know what? Any place cold enough to freeze a zombie is cold enough to freeze a living person too! With the likely (though possibly temporary) collapse of society, things like electricity and heat will be hard to come by, and you will not last an entire winter (and it's still fairly cold during the other seasons far enough north) without heat. And should you run out of food, you probably won't be able to find or grow any.

You live in a not so populated part of California? Stay there, or move to a more remote location nearby. I'm pretty sure they still have large forests in California. Or less populated states are just a few days drive away (take a motorcycle or dirtbike). Stay on the move every so often if you're in a small group (or alone). Better chance at finding rescue (if any exists) and gives you more opportunities to replenish supplies as old sources run out. Only setup a barricaded sanctuary if your group gets large enough, otherwise if something goes wrong a fortified structure keeps you in just as well as it keeps things out. Pick the last place anyone would go that already has defenses built in. A prison is a good example, if you can find one that's not being used anymore (I wouldn't want to deal with ANY former inmates). Or any other structure that has tall fences, like a storage area. Some of them may not have food stores, but you can venture out in small groups to collect some. As far as weapons, anything that stresses on accuracy and large clip size. The more silent the better. Have a little bit of everything if you can manage it. Pistols/rifles, bow/crossbow, and melee weapons (crowbar, sword, aluminum baseball bat, whatever you can swing easily and won't get lodged in the corpse). Stay away from molotov cocktails, grenades, or any explosive really because they're more likely to harm you than really take out a zombie.

• cabosetek

cabosetek

#30108344 - 10 years ago

Thanks for the pointers. Looks like I have to revise my strategy for staying alive. As for a large structure with walls and fences, there just happens to be a large storage facility nearby, but I don't know what's in it. I think another thing that some people forget is that they have to maintain morale. Fellow survivors can be as dangerous as the undead once cabin fever sets in. Luckily, I have plenty of books and a guitar to keep entertained. As for weapons, accuracy, clip size, and noise are indeed big issues. However, when it comes to the bow and crossbow, they are definitely something I wouldn't want. Although they are the most silent weapons and the arrows can be reused after pulling them out of heads, they do require experience. The bow especially. If you're not already a trained expert, it's not likely you're going to get a head shot. As for the crossbow, it's easier to get a head shot, but it is pretty bulky to wield, so unless you're above them and out of their reach, it's a hassle to reload. The rest are good tips. Again, thanks.

• xCruelAngelx

xCruelAngelx

#30108345 - 10 years ago

Bows don't take any more training than a gun, but it's true that they're not for every situation. I own one though and it would definitely go with me if the people around me starting turning. And I agree about the crossbow.

The storage area just kind of popped into my head while I was writing that post because most of the ones around here have high fences and sometimes even barbed wire. As I thought about it more it might be one of the more ideal places to set up, even just temporarily. It's the last place most people would think to go during that kind of emergency ("The dead are rising, let me go get my rims out of storage!"). You could find all kinds of stuff in there. People store motorcycles (hell, even cars), camping equipment, old clothes, furniture, tools... perhaps even better gems like generators or more weapons. Some places are climate-controlled too, so while the electricity lasted you'd have lighting and room temp. The shuttered doors could probably take whatever abuse the undead could dish out, with the only drawback being that you'd be trapped in the room (unless you did some remodeling).

You definitely have to watch your fellow survivors. It's not just cabin fever, it's trauma, and it can break people. Books and music won't stifle the hopelessness that comes with thinking you might be the only people left alive and that what you have around you is quite possibly the best it'll ever be. And then there are those who didn't have much of a moral compass anyways. They followed the rules because they couldn't exist in society otherwise, but now the rules are gone and who's going to stop them from doing whatever they want (Gyges' Ring).

My thing is, any one specific plan is never good. It depends too much on you being in the ideal situation. Say your plan calls for you having your weapons at home with all your supplies ready to go... and the infection occurs while you're at work? Or in a shopping mall? Or just landing at your destination while on vacation? And odds are quite good that it'll all go down in the least ideal situation.

• cabosetek

cabosetek

#30108346 - 10 years ago

I agree with you about those who lack a moral compass. They're the kind of people that would backstab you and then leave you to die. However, as for the hopelessness situation, I find that people always need to hold on to something. Even though, at the outset, some people will lose hope and act crazy. This, however, is mainly due to the fact that the zombie apocalypse actually happened. And even then, those that haven't calmed down with the first week or so are dead anyway. I also agree with you on the fact that most plans need ideal situations to properly work. However, one must always have a backup plan, or at the very least some sort of vague outline that applies to most situations.

• xCruelAngelx

xCruelAngelx

#30108347 - 10 years ago

That's what I was getting at. I'd rather have a general set of guidelines of what to do than a specific plan of "Go to A, get B, grab C, run to D, and then be safe in E" where each subsequent step relies on completing the ones preceding it. Not that it's not okay to have specific plans, just don't rely on them and be ready to adapt. Or plan for the worst you can imagine and then you should be alright.

• cabosetek

cabosetek

#30108348 - 10 years ago

well, does anyone else have zombie plan they'd like to share?

• outbreak37

outbreak37

#30108349 - 10 years ago

In reply to cabosetek, #7:

Yeah. I live on the third floor of a sturdy apartment. My room already has a shitload of melee weapons (machetes, crowbars, hatchets etc) and my roommate is a gun freak. So as far as combat goes we're all set. Since we're on the third floor, we'd just have to destroy our stair cases and fill up the bathtubs with water. We've got plenty of food for now. All windows and doors reinforced. And if by some reason they make it up here, we've got our escape all planned out. We pack lightly, bringing only the bare essentials. Climb onto the roof , and climb across the rope we have from the house to the garage where we will have stored 2 sets of mountain bikes. And we'd travel to the cabin my parents have in the woods on top of North lake mountain.

• cabosetek

cabosetek

#30108350 - 10 years ago

In reply to outbreak37, #8:

That's a good plan, but how far is the cabin? And since zombies hunt by smell and sound, those mountain bikes will attract a lot of unwanted attention. Once you get to the cabin, do you have a contingency plan in case the zombies do follow you? And what about the long term, you will run out of food and water, so how are you going to stay supplied?

• blargothon

blargothon

#30108351 - 10 years ago

I have a kind of legitimate question that may have already been covered, but what about a boat?... living in a lake or on the ocean fishing for food, fresh water could be a problem...
    Keep in mind this is coming from a guy with very little idea for a zombie plan besides sitting in a bath tub filled with gravy basting myself with an apple in my mouth... but at the very least I'd slow them down for you guys.... I'm a team player like that.

• xCruelAngelx

xCruelAngelx

#30108352 - 10 years ago

In reply to blargothon, #10:

Yea, a boat would not be a long-term solution. If you're in a lake you'd need to be sure how deep it is wherever you are because zombies can walk along the bottom with no problem. If the boat is small enough and the water shallow enough, they could possibly reach it and capsize it. Also, depending on skill/intelligence they could climb up a dropped anchor. As far as food, you'd have plenty of fresh (though probably not clean) water if you were on a lake, but either on a lake or ocean a steady diet of fish will not keep you alive for long.

If you want to be a team player at least come with me and just run a bit slower than me. If you can do that while basting yourself in gravy with an apple in your mouth, even better.

• outbreak37

outbreak37

#30108353 - 10 years ago

In reply to cabosetek, #9:

Ok, the usual life span of your typical average zombie is around 4-5 years. So obviously I don't plan on staying there forever. Now, I chose mountain bikes because they're pretty much the fastest way to travel without giving your location away too easily because they're quiet, small, so you can get by certain areas other vehicles such as cars can't. And they're easily disosed of in case you do in fact run into trouble. Now the cabin is only about 30 miles away. And it's on top of a snowy covered mountain. And believe it or not, snow covered climates are one of the safest places you can make camp. Due to the fact that zombies move so incredibly slow they'd freeze in their tracks. Obviously every night someone different would have to keep watch. And every once in a while we'd actually have to go out and hunt for our food taking notice of the differenece between infected game and non-infected.

• outbreak37

outbreak37

#30108354 - 10 years ago

In reply to blargothon, #10:

That's why I'm glad to have friends like you man.

• Littletex

Littletex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30108355 - 10 years ago

Well, i live right outside of houston which is the fourth biggest city in the U.S. So i have a big problem there, BUT my family is is very big on hunting, so we have tons of guns ready with ammo and we have bows. Also my family (got to love your family) owns a chain of grocery stores which we can get supplies from, me and my family would haul up as much as we could to the top of one of the grocery stores. I have a spefic one in mind also, its is our largest one and only has two ways up to the top from the inside. all we have todo is barricade those and cut off the ladders on the side of the stores. Now if they some how get up to us we will pre-park a big 18 wheeler (the ones that deliver the food to the store) near the store so we can throw a cable down to the truck and crawl across and ride to where ever we can.

During this plan no one would turn on each other cuz we all love each other oh so much..... i hope lol
    plus we'd have so much supplies to last months and we would be able to hold out till help arrives, if there is none we would take our remaining suppiles and head to a forest and live there for a while

well thats my plan smiley0.gif

• Littletex

Littletex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30108356 - 10 years ago

Littletex496fa76013bed.jpg

something that id use lol

Post edited 1/16/09 8:15PM

• blargothon

blargothon

#30108357 - 10 years ago

In reply to xCruelAngelx, #11:

This is why I joined this board, thanks for the info. hopefully now I've moved up a step on the zombie preperation scale... current rank - Bait!!

• ihateukyle

ihateukyle

#30108358 - 10 years ago

my zombie plan is simple, i put on one of the gloves i keep on me at all times and begin dancing, and grabbing my crouch. they will believe me to be there leader.

• saren666

saren666

#30108359 - 10 years ago

i dont know if that will work.........ah its worth a shot. i prefer to stock up on ammo and take over a building with several other people. each floor will act like a military JOC. one floor will be the living quaters, the next sick bay, the next communications,then the armory,and the supplies depostion. next i will have spoters on the four conners of the building to warn us of the zackz (aka zombies)

• draysr71

draysr71

#30108360 - 10 years ago

most of these plans seem to be minor to medium sized outbreaks . any large outbreak plans

• saren666

saren666

#30108361 - 10 years ago

what would be ur major outbreak plan

• draysr71

draysr71

#30108362 - 10 years ago

get to my families island its mostly cliffs except one beach so the possibilaty of a zombie getting up to the building iis low and my brother keeps all theese guns there so if something or someone does get up i can just blow them apart and theres food everywhere so i will have plenty. ill just wait there until its save to leave 5-20 years.

• saren666

saren666

#30108363 - 10 years ago

do u think u can last that long people are know to freak out if they stay in a certain place for far too long

• draysr71

draysr71

#30108364 - 10 years ago

yeah well i know how to keep entertained and im already a little crazy so it doesnt really matter

• howtokill101

howtokill101

#30108365 - 10 years ago

my main plan is to pick up my friends then head back to my house grab the guns,ammo,swords,fishing polls, and food then hook my boat up and head for the marina load averything up and go to an island that has a lighthouse and start snipeing the zombie who are on the small island suburbs hopefully their isnt then no snipeing only organizing with the locals if not kill the local zombies then snipe the ones who crawl to land and live off fish mmm fish.

florida were you can smell the rotting zombies from a mile away.

• saren666

saren666

#30108366 - 10 years ago

i dont know i would pick up the weapons and supplies first then get ur friends, cuz u never know if u have to defend ur self