Forums > zombie experts

New Left 4 Dead zombie idea

Posts (7)

• Greel97

Greel97

#31101677 - 8 years ago

Write your ideas for a new zombie in Left 4 Dead (1 or 2).

The Doctor: Zombie with needles attached to its arm and when it hits you, you will slowly lose health unless you take some pills (because of the poisonous drugs in the needles). I think that this would be a great idea since in L4D2, almost no-one takes the pills anymore, they always have the adrenaline.

The Camper: Spits out gooey marshmallows that sticks you to the ground and you need a friend to pull you free. You can still look around and shoot when stuck.

• eloncay11

eloncay11

#31101678 - 8 years ago

what if they made dog zombies or some other animal that would attack u, it would be kind of like a hunter and pin u down, except it doesnt jump and is faster

• cote117

cote117

#31101679 - 8 years ago

In reply to eloncay11, #2:

yeah, sorta like resedant evil.

the banshee: like the witch, only it has a powerful scream that causes damage and alerts the hoard. and is very hard to kill.

the bomb: like the boomer, only it explodes and causes an acid splash in a wide area. will also kill itself to release acid. don't mix with fire, will cause poisonous fumes.

• Samurai373

Samurai373

#31101680 - 8 years ago

The Swarm: like the horde except its a bunch of infected birds which can carry people off if attacked for long enough. Although I dont think animals can be infected with the virus used in L4D 1 and 2.

• cubouse

cubouse

#31101681 - 7 years ago

In reply to Samurai373, #4:

The virus only effects mamales

• JoshLaxen

JoshLaxen

#31101682 - 7 years ago

In reply to Samurai373, #4:

as far as I'm aware of the mythology of L4D animals do not change. But there is a similar enemy type in Dead Space 2 only small children like creatures. But I'm sure you knew that already. Personally I think some of these seem like good ideas, while other need a bit of retooling. In general the zombies should have anything melded to their bodies such as needles. The camper idea is a good one except for the marshmallows part, maybe a sticky fluid but marshmallow seems a bit forced. The zombies mutate but they don't just create objects. A Charger's arm grows larger, the tank's muscle mass increases exponentially, and Boomer's fill with fluid and gas that explodes in a disgusting bio hazardous material.

• demon0496

demon0496

#31101683 - 6 years ago

The Screamer was a special infected that was cut from the game because he was two hard to see. He was a zombie in a strait-jacket, when it spotted Survivors, he would run away and scream, attracting the horde.

The Leaker was a special infected that would act like a mine, planting itself in the ground, and it had similar attacks to the Boomer and Spitter. It was cut from the game because Survivors could run away from it. It would also explode on death, and cause a small fire.