The electrician and other people who came to assess and start fixing the damage done by the fire said to get rid of the microwave. It looks sort of ok, but it was like 8 inches from the fire and, according to them, had probably sustained severe damage from the smoke and heat and would be dangerous to use.

My mother, on the other hand, has decided, "Fuck that. I'm using my damn microwave." Also, we have no fire extinguishers left. So if I die a horrible flamey death in the near future, that is probably why. Just FYI.