The line for the mixer wasn't long, but the retractabelts that divided the line made the walk to the end of the ballroom go from 30 seconds to 5 minutes long. I was one of the very first to get on line, so the wait was pretty long, but worth it, because the earliest to the party experiences the most. Once the mixer began, I started roaming around seeing if any of the staff arrived earlier than anyone else. I encountered Caleb once again, and got an autograph from him to add to my collection of autographs that were written on my weekend pass. I also encountered Ray at the mixer, but in a very brief and awkward way. I went to the front of the crowd and said, "HI RAY!!!", and he replied with: "HI....Bye, I actually have to leave now." Yeah, you can tell that I'm really smooth. After 20 minutes of waiting for action to occur, the insanity ensued.

First, the attendees initiated a dance party centered in the center of ballroom, which expanded then broke off into separate dancing sessions. I took part by running around the center as it grew overtime for no reason whatsoever. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking, lol. Then, a conga-line started from the back of the ballroom to the front, and then turned into a 10 minute run around the ballroom with everybody's hands on someone's shoulder keeping the conga-line together. It was exhausting, but FUCKING. WORTH. IT. Finally, the traditional tossing of the grifball took place in the ballroom, with the attendees repeatedly shouting the following phrases:






Another reason why I'm obviously the most awkward man on the planet is that I wanted to take a picture with someone that looked like Caiti, but I couldn't tell if it was her or not. She looked very similar to her and had an Australian accent like Caiti did, but I was still ambivalent. After 2 minutes of awkwardly pacing, I finally had the courage to ask her if I could take a picture with her, however, she noticed that I was hovering over her just walking in circles wondering why I was doing that. She looked anxious and kind of scared, almost as if I was trying to stalk, but she complied with my request to take a picture with her (BTW, she was dressed up as the tower of pimps):


After I took the picture, I explained to her why I was awkwardly pacing around her and how she looked like Caiti, but was really not sure if it was actually her. Turns out, it wasn't actually her. FUCK, MY, LIFE. T_T

Anyway, moving on from there, I headed my way down to the front of the ballroom where I encountered Kathleen, received an autograph from her, and took a picture with her, where I probably fucked it all up, lol:


Working my way through the droves of RTX attendees and guardians, there was a large circle of people surrounding Gus, so, I thought it would be nice to jump on the Gus bandwagon. It was about 30 minutes before I finally reached the end of the line until I finally got an autograph from Gus, but this was special, because it was on my camera that I use to take pictures and record video. Almost immediately after Gus is done signing my camera, he fake-takes it from me, probably because it would make for good video footage, because at the time, I was recording this all on video.


I was also able to get autographs from Brandon, Jordan, Kathleen, Kara, and Chris.


However, the most memorable event that happened that night was at the very end, where Barbara was half-drunk, signing autographs and taking pictures with attendees. As I got to the front line, the very first question that I asked Barbara was, "Can you hear anything? Because I can't hear shit!". She replied with, "I can hear you, don't worry." I was able to get one more photo before I left, so, here it is:


Her last words before I left the mixer was, "It was really nice meeting you. :D" I kept those words in my head throughout the walk back to the hotel, not sure why, because she probably said that to 20 other people taking pictures with her, but I still cherish it today.

Day 3:

Unfortunately, Day 3 of RTX didn't last very long because my flight from Austin to New York was at 9:55, so my final moments were trying to participate briefly in the Slow-Mo Guys Water Balloon Live-Action Shoot. However, the line was very long, and it took the guardians a while to individually hand out 2 water balloons, and I had to leave at 8:15. I had to give out my 2 water balloons then leave the convention center for my flight, which was painful to do. Again, FUCK JFK INTERNATIONAL.

So, overall, it was an awesome experience, but it could have been a lot better. Hopefully, RTX 2014 boasts more panels and more action, so that the attendees will have even more of a memorable event. Hopefully, I get to see some of you guys next year! :D <3