So hey. ( ￣▽￣)/ Prepare for a lengthy post! With images!
So as you may have noticed, I recently played through like... 7 Halo games. As some of you know already, I had heard of the franchise before and seen people play it too but had not gotten interested in it because 1) FPS and 2) thought for years it was multiplayer only and multiplayers were a no-no for me.
But then earlier this year I discovered Red vs Blue, found my way to the forums on this site, and somehow got persuaded into trying out Halo. So on October 14, 2017 I decided to start with...
... I tried it out solo at first and though I was very confused and lost, I thought it was pretty damn awesome!! I also tried co-op with a couple of friends, it was fun but I made a realization that sleep deprivation, gaming and speaking in a foreign language aren't that much of a great combo so I was mostly quiet. Plus my headsets sucks; using Discord voice chat was slightly better. :D
Then on October 18, 2017 I got this:
and I got to the last mission on October 19... then had a bit of a break. It's been a steady downhill since then. xD So as a recap, I've played through all of MCC, Halo 5, ODST, and Reach.
MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS IN ALL
* Ms Team-Killing Fucktard. I was taking my sweet time aiming with the sniper rifle in Halo 5. Clear shot. Pressed shoot. At that same time an AI-controlled team mate walked right in front of me and got shot right in the head.
* Trying to board an alien aircraft in Halo 5. Managed to push the aircraft off a cliff and then I fell after it, too.
* The Flood. AgentValkyrie mentioned the Flood but didn't tell me what it was. No one else did either and I didn't Google it or anything. When I finally encountered it, I started screaming and kept going "Oh shit oh shit" while running away from those things.
* Driving the familiar vehicles from RvB for the first time!
PROS & CONS OF ALL
+ SUCH PRETTY MANY LANDSCAPE SO AWE that I sometimes just stand around admiring the areas and then suddenly something shots me in the back.
+ THE SOUNDTRACK.
+ Exciting, entertaining, easy to get into.
+ Quick to play even for a noobie & there's much to explore & try out & learn about the universe.
+ A lot more of RvB makes sense now, like the creature that helped fragmenting-- wait. Can I say that? Is there someone who hasn't seen RvB that far yet?? I don't know, and I don't always get the spoiler warning thing to work on this site. D; Anyway, I know RvB is its own separate story and all but still, a lot more of it makes sense now. And it was fun recognizing creatures and equipment etc from the series in the games. :'D
+ Controls responded pretty well IMO.
+ SNIPER RIFLE.
BLOWING UP THINGS WITH LIKE THE TANK.
- THE MAPS. THE F*CKING MAPS. ٩(╬ʘ益ʘ╬)۶ I kept getting turned around and lost so much (tempted to say the RvB season 1 jokes about getting turned around is about this...). Although +
is that whenever I got the loading / check-point text I figured I was going the right way.
- In most of the games, waypointers were either non-existant or showed up only when the game apparently realized I was dumb. ლ(￣■￣ლ)
- Some areas were really confusing and I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to go, or what I was supposed to do there. Then again I can be simple and dumb at times, so when I finally realized what was up I'd be facepalming my glasses off my face.
- Subtitles, or lack thereof. I'd selected subtitles to be ON all the time, but at times someone would talk a lot giving me important instructions and I'd totally miss all of that 'cause I was in a goddamn firefight with the goddamn aliens.
- Login issues, but these could be because of my Xbox 1. Whenever I stopped playing then continued again, the game would tell me I was logged out of my Xbox Live account; pressing any of the buttons didn't help until I'd press the console start button for about 10 seconds....
- Aliens would rudely move when I was trying to shoot them. STAY STILL, MY PREY.
- Hunters. I know how to kill them ... in theory. My plans are usually foiled somehow.
+/- The environments were sometimes more dangerous than the enemies... I kept falling into holes... ( \o°o)\
+/- There's soooo much to still learn about the universe and how to be more efficient in missions etc etc.
Now I try remember pointers for each game. Might add to these later after replaying them all. But not as speedily as I uhh did this month... So anyway, in the order of completion:
* Started on October 18, finished on October 30.
+ The graphiiiics.
- The Flood scared the fuck out of me, I was almost crying when those things kept coming at me.
- THE LAST MISSION TOOK ME LIKE 25 TRIES OH MY GOD WARTHOG DRIVING + 6 MINUTE TIMER NOOOO
+ but I found out that if I'm resilient and keep on trying then I can do just about anything.
- THE BOWLING BALL KEPT FLYING OFF FROM ME TOO FAST AND I GOT MORE LOST.
* Started on November 4, finished on November 10.
+ More missions!
+ Driving things was easier!
- THE FLOOD RETURNED.
+/- Dual-wielding. While it was fun, I'd sometimes need a grenade and of course at that moment I'd forget controls...
* Started on ... right after Halo 2 I guess? Finished about 17 hours later??
+ The graphics got even prettier...
- The Cortana / Gravemind 'flashes' or whatever. I AM IN BATTLE AND RUNNING AWAY FROM THINGS TRYING TO KILL ME AND YOU'RE BLOCKING MY VIEW.
+/- I went through this so fast I can barely remember anything??
HALO 3: ODST
* Started on ... well fuck I guess right after Halo 3. Finished on November 11.
- SO CONFUSED OF WHERE TO GO OMG
+ but ohhh hey THERE'S AN ACTUAL MAP and I can have waypointers
- that still confused me!
+/- So much to explore!!
- Enemies were a bit more... resilient. I just pretty much ran through this one to avoid dealing with them. <__<;;
* Started on... ummm... well November 11... Finished on November 13. :'D
- THE SUBTITLES WERE IN FINNISH FOR ME WHAT THE HECKIN HECK GODDAMNIT I DON'T NEED FINNISH WITH MY VIDEO GAMES. 凸(｀⌒´メ)凸
+/- This was more challenging, even on Easy, which was both nice and frustrating. Mission 7 took me forever. (¬､¬)╯︵ ┻━┻
+-/ I had to / got to fly things!!!
+ THE GRAPHICS SUCH PRETTY MANY AWE.
- The plot got a little ... ???!
+ I learned to drift with the Warthog.....
- The flying ring creatures. D:<
- FLYING IN NARROW SPACES OH MY GOD NO.
* Started on .. OK restarted solo campaign on uhh I think November 13 or 14 ... and finished on November 15. <__<;;
+ Have I mentioned these games have awesome graphics?
- Some of the buttons had gotten remapped. Yes, I think I could've mapped them myself but... still. CONFUSION.
- The fucking map again...
+ ...but hey there's a button to get a (quickly vanishing) waypointer!
+/- Quick run through.
- Cortana annoyed me. D:<
- Warden fights. D:<
* Started on November .... 15 or 16. Finished on November 17.
+ CUSTOMIZABLE SPARTAN. And the customization actually mattered for the solo campaign!
- Oh my god the hecking map again.
+ The plot was intriguing!!
+ Flying things wasn't all that difficult!
- ...'cept in the space. I actually got a little nauseous during that part. xD
- The Lone Wolf 'mission'. D:< Whyyyy....
All in all 11/10 will play again! :D Hope you enjoyed reading this newb's thoughts and aren't too offended by what I wrote~~
(and yes I still consider myself a noob ahhaahaha)