I didn't call into work today. I tried earlier this week to get today/tomorrow off and got the message that too many people were already off. Let me make a list for you of what this means.
- I'm, obviously, working
- I'm not getting whatever form of demerit on my record for calling in when I clearly wanted the time off
- I'm going to lunch with a CIO/Director-type today
- I'm mowing my lawn tonight
- I'll also be working on a commission that will be shipped to Germany
- I'm not putting 600 miles on my car
...I'm also not seeing Coheed and Cambira in New Jersey with an awesome friend in the front row on his birthday.
I AM RESPONSIBLE. FUCK.