RT Live Group TeamSpeak Server
What is it?
- TeamSpeak is a popular voice chat program mainly used in the online gaming community as a way to communicate with other players over voice and text.
It also includes a full-featured File Server for browsing, uploading, and downloading all types of files.
Where do I get it?
Why should I care?
- Because we use it as our main hub for hanging out and keeping in touch with each other. Also for the epic conversations that sometimes ensue.
How do I connect?
- Simple! Once you've easily downloaded the program just go to the Bookmarks tab and add the following info:
Enter your desired Nickname.
Then hit the More button and check "Connect on Startup" for ease of opening. Apply and you're all set!
Identities? This is important if you will ever use more than one computer and should not be overlooked.
When you first log in, the server creates a unique identity for you based on your computer. This identity keeps track of information like ranks and such. If you're going to switch to a different computer you should bring your original identity with you.
To do this simply click on Settings > Identities, select your main/default identity and rename it to something you can recognize, and then Export. Click Yes to the question and save the file somewhere you can find it. Then either e-mail this file to yourself or put it on a thumb drive and when you want to log in from a new computer, you can Import that file through the Identities menu prior to creating the RT Live Group bookmark. In the bookmarks section if you click "more" you will see an option to choose an Identity on the right. Select the one you have just imported. You will now be able to have a persistent ID regardless of where you go, tracking your ranks and icons, connections and friends, etc.
What if I don't have a microphone?
- Not a problem! The server has a complete built-in text chat to go alongside the voice communication, and you'll still be able to hear everyone else.
What if I'm easily offended by things I read or hear on the internet?
- You should probably not use the internet then!