11 years agoGerb
By way of my snail mailbox this morning, today's journal is brought to you by:
(hrmm, the images moved)
- Season 5 DVD by pre-order.
- Gus's "No" shirt.
- Geoff's skull drama/comedy shirt.
Now off to listen to the Season 5 DVD commentary.
And hello to you alls. Hope all is good.
12 years agoGerb
Some movies shouldn't be nearly as long as they are. The wordiness gets repetitive, the environment doesn't change, and the same droopy emotions are used for different circumstances. I won't list movies because then I would have to go through each and every one of them. Well, okay, it'd be fun but then I would much rather spend more time here. :D
But I'll name one!
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back happens to be my least favorite of the Askewniverse films. It's too quick in some places and too drawn out in many more. But someone took the time (more than what I have) to put together a new edit of the film and I think it really tighten things up while keeping the story intact. Have a look for yourself but it's totally not safe for work.
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back - short version
12 years agoGerb
So...what's up? How are you guys doing? :D
So work, poker, and what little personal life time I have has taken away my online time. Damn them! *shakes fist*
The softball team I left kicked ass last season and now has to play in a higher league. They're getting bombed. I totally wouldn't be helping them any. :)
I played in 3 big (79, 47, 62 people) Texas Hold'em tournaments in the last month and came in 8th, 10th, 4th. Yay? Being on the final tables keeps you from chatting up with the few (very, very few) women who show up. :(
Anyone want to go to Rocky Point and be our 4th sand volleyball player? Our 4th dude is flaking out and it seems as though he was the only reason why we could put ourselves into the 'C' division. I used to play in B but that was more than 2 years ago. So we need someone who really sucks. ;)
Anyone doing anything for spring break?
12 years agoGerb
Quizes...bleh. But dolphinpoet
was threatening with bodily harm so...
1. How many items of the clothing that you own are related to Red Vs. Blue in one way or another? (do not include items relating to Ã¢â‚¬Å“The StrangerhoodÃ¢â‚¬Â)
- 3 - 1 black RvB hoodie, 1 black "You Lied To Me" t-shirt, 1 black "This Doesn't Seem Physically Possible!" t-shirt
2. How often do you wear your RvB gear?
- At least once every 2 weeks. The "You Lied To Me" is a favorite at strip clubs. ;)
3. How many DVDs and CDs do you own that are related only to Red Vs. Blue?
- 4 - all 4 seasons of RvB
4. About how many Red Vs. Blue related video files would you say you have saved on your hard drive and/or on discs? (Do not include official DVDs)
a) about 25% of whatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s available
b) about 50 % of whatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s available
c) about 75% of whatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s available
d) every single file you can download including some you canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t find
- d - They don't make available a lot of the vids of the new Halo2 maps any more where Burnie does the walkthroughs and I found a few fan-filmed clips of RvB appearences.
5. Are you a sponsor?
6. Have you ever sponsored someone else? If yes, how many gift sponsorships have you given?
- yes, 4 different people
7. How well can you quote lines when you watch Red Vs. Blue?
a) word for word all seasons
b) word for word half the time
c) word for word one quarter of the time
d) just my favorite lines
8. Who is your favorite RvB character?
- All of themz!
9. Who is your least favorite RvB character?
- none of themz! ... okay maybe the Red Zealot
10. Sheila or Lopez
- Sheila...those treads...*ahem*
11. Lopez or Andy
- Andy cuz he's da bomb, yo
12. Andy or Sheila
- Those treads...err...Sheila
13. Warthog or Puma
- Puma...nice kitty...
14. Why are we here?
- Because they have a Red Base and Blue Base here!
15. About how many pictures in your images section contain pictures related to Halo and/or Red Vs. Blue?
- I've got all of the RT Comics and some Halo stuff
16. How many RVB friends do you have?
- at this time, 14
17. How many of your RvB friends have you met in person?
- none on the current list
18. Have you ever met any of the staff? If yes, who?
- yes, Matt and Kathleen in Phoenix, Jason and Geoff in Los Angeles, and Burnie, Gus, and Yomary in San Diego
19. How many Red Vs. Blue related events have you attented?
- 3 from the above
20. Are you a Red Vs. Blue nerd?
- "Hey! ... Yeah - okay."
12 years agoGerb
Holy moly, I haven't been here in a while.
So a while ago a some friends of mine asked me to join them at a symphony. You know real non-electric instruments. I hadn't been to one since I was about 8 so why would I want to go now? "But they're going to play video game music." :O
Video Games Live was started up by a couple of dudes who make the music found in a lot of games. A couple of my friends dressed up really nice for the occassion but I went with the formal wear of my RT hoodie and jeans. The event was held at a pretty neato, artsy theatre in downtown Mesa (suburb of Phoenix). Aside from the orchestra, they had a stand-up video arcade of Space Invaders, a big-screen set up for Guitar Hero II, and some shirts and posters for sale.
So I wasn't really into getting stuff and just wandered around with my friends until the gig started. It starts off with the orchestra playing the music to a bunch of video games that were played on the big screen, starting off with Pong. :O The coolest ones: Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Civ 4, and of course Halo. The Halo theme was saved for last and was done pretty awesomely.
The big surprise for the night was a special appearence by Video Game Pianist. Hooooooly crap can he play the piano. He was even blind folded for the Super Mario theme and once he took off the blindfold he played at 1000mph. Woah. Very cool. I kind of wished he played this one, too.
And there was another special appearence by Don Bluth who helped create Dragon's Lair, the first arcade game to cost $.50.
So even though I didn't think much of it, it turned out to be pretty neat. :D
I hope you all are doing good...I'll see if I can catch up with you all soon.
12 years agoGerb
...Wii didn't appeal to me at all. Not since the SuperNintendo did any of Nintendo's consoles seem like they were worth it. Although I have borrowed the GameCube for Metroid and N64 for Zelda, they just didn't have the games I wanted to play.
I got to see the Wii first-hand (heh) at the first house party of the holidays. I had brought over Clerks II by request to play in the background. But once all of the little kids showed up, the Wii took over the TV. Damn them! My interest in the Wii dropped even further.
But the third house party I went to that included the Wii had Super Monkey Ball games. And it happens to be the same group of peeps that I go disc golfing with so I got lured into play the disc golf game in Super Monkey Ball. Blah, blah, I got hooked and we went through almost all of the silly little games in SMB. And then there's Wii Sports, which comes with the console. The tennis game rocks when you play with other just-as-inibriated friends. The bowling game is kinda cool but the highlight of that one is when one of my friends accidentally figured out that you can release the bowling ball backwards and into the crowd. :D
So now I want a Wii. Maybe not just yet but I'm now hoping they'll have some more games out. That and I need to practice hitting the sinker ball in Wii Baseball...stupid freaking pitch.
No questions have been answered yet