and like that he was gone.
4 years agoGundamFang87
"I don't know what your thinking, cause I'm in my brain, and you are in your brain."
4 years agoGundamFang87
"Who needs temperature? It's either hot, cold, or somewhere in between."
So an irl buddy of mine is tryin' out a letsplay and I'm one of his regular players,and I think the material has potential. So here I am pushing it:
There is a bunch of stuff already uploaded, but I'd recommend Might and Magic, and Fusion Frenzy (the latter is especially embarrassing for me)
Just keep in mind this isn't achievement hunter.
So, a buddy of mine has started a letpslay channel and I'm one of the regular attendees. We've got a ton of content filmed and we've started getting to the good stuff so I'mma start passin' it around.
If you watch some of the stuff just remember we aren't achievement hunter, we aren't game grumps, and we aren't trying to be. If ya like the content that's there great, if not then whatever. Tis a free society everyone is allowed their own opinion.
All right, people keep asking bout' a steam group. Well there is one, but it's hasn't been properly updated or taken care of in a while. I've reset all the admins and mods and what not. Regular members should be able to invite other people into the group and do all the important stuff like make announcements and events and what not. Bout the only thing you can't do is kick or promote people. Those privileges are reserved for me. Ha.
There was a thread where people would kinda ask to join, but that hasn't been used in a while so I'm making this the new place to join. You want in, ask and a link to you steam profile (remember they have a website!!). Finding YOUR username amongst the millions out there is a pain in the butt. All it takes is one capital letter or one wrong number and you can't be found.
5 years agoGundamFang87
5 years agoGundamFang87
Only one more step to go, here's hoping I don't botch it!
So I go really bored a few nights ago and thought up some ideas that I'm pretty sure several others have already thought of, but I'll pretend they are original ideas anyways. I'd like useable feedback and criticism. Think the ideas are flat out stupid? Well that's not criticism that's a negative opinion, I have no use for those. However, if you think there are problems that'd make them unplayable, that's a different story.
First one was to manage more players in a pvp based game. The idea is that you take a points based game like Champions or Canyons, and add another layer to it. So like have 2 or 3 fields to fight on. Example of team selection would be something along the lines of a randomization putting people into Red and Blue respectively, but then the teams dividing themselves up evenly amongst the different fields. Each field would only have to hold maybe 5v5 or 10v10, which is easier then balancing a 20v20. Problems that I've noticed or have been noted to me were possible lag problems, I figured that'd be offset by close proximity, perhaps having the different fields above/below each-other? Also that naturally the first couple times will be difficult cause newbies will just rush into different fields and it'd be easier to coordinate on Vent, but we have those problem already.
Second was a thinker that'd take little redstone, but a bunch of server powers and balancing. Everyone is given enchanted leather armour and an enchanted stone sword. However while 90% of the players have only the most basic enchants, (like protection 1 and sharpness 1), the remaining 10% have heavy enchants. The idea being the two sides hunt each-other down, or the hunters want the most kills or what not. A quantity vs quality sort of a thing. A few problems pointed to me were that it couldn't be for the tower or money, cause of balance complaining, it'd be a solely entertainment game. Next is that if the swords have to be named, then the enchants would become visible to all and that' remove the hiding aspect.
A third one that occured to me while I was typing the second one was a game that Straw and Jsit were working on for a very short period of time, which was a warp based maze. It was gonna have like 80 rooms with a few warps in each room that lead to other rooms, and the players would have to navigate the maze. Some rooms would naturally be more dangerous then others. I figured if that was a plausible idea it wouldn't be a bad non-pvp game.
A fourth idea that fell through the first time around was the CTT tournament. Not sure why it fell through, but there are more then enough people who play, and I think a tournament of 5-7 man teams would certainly be a different vibe from the as of late 10v10 matches.
I understand that there is a test server, but I'd like to get some feedback before I build anything solid. No sense in going out of the way to build a structure before it gets any kind of approval.