I was out for some time doing School and OCS (yup, I'm an Officer now). So how is everyone doing.
11 years agoHaldeth
We shuffle onto the Tin Dragon,
We are all mad for doing this,
We few; we crazy; we excited few,
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Sit downÃ¢â‚¬Â yells the load master pressing the button that
Closes the back of our tin host, and seals us into our fate.
Rise and climb into the black velvet sky my Tin Dragon
"10 MINUTES" I yell into the void
It is echoed back at me by exhilarated voices in the dark.
"Get READY" I yell again just to see if anyone is really there.
This time there is no echo.
Level out oh, tin bird of the night, and though your wings do not flap you still fly true.
"STAND UP" now I'm sure that only I can hear my voice.
The darkness stirs and like stars appearing in the sky one by one I see the glow
Of wild excited eyes.
"HOOK UP" I want to see the void come to life, and with this command it does,
I am master of the darkness.
I move to the DragonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s tail and look to my escape, I clear the doorway and prepare to let loose the darkness into the velvet cloak of night.
Now I stand in the portal to another world the void to my back to my front the rushing wind and the earth a half-mile below. I look to the night and the tin wing of my Dragon host and amÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ at peace. My fear has left me with the rushing wind. I am one with the adventure.
A hard tap on my shoulder jerks me out of my trance and I am once more face to face with the wild eyes of madness. A single boney digit is thrust into my face and I nod in agreement.
"ONE MINUTE" I tell really only to myself, though the resulting echo is discomforting
Again I look to the door where I'm most happy and long to enter it again, yet another tap pulls me back into the Dragon. I nod in agreement.
"30 SECONDS" Now I can see that the void has come to full life and the glowing eyes of madness are now brighter than ever. Their glow now illuminating their faces and the painted joker smile is on all of them.
"STAND BY" the first madman steps into my portal and awaits my releasing command.
My tin Dragon tells me itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s time for us to depart until we meet again.
"GO" I command the joker of the void to embrace the night, as the Tin Dragon expels them one by one. Once they are all gone I look to Tin Dragon once more a pray a silent prayer that I can be inside her once again, and then I fall into the night.
The air is sweet and cool and surrounds me like a familiar lover, cradling me in her arms and rocks me gently until I land back into the hard reality.
12 years agoHaldeth
My son who is 3 1/2 has been watching Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nickelodeon just before he goes to bed at night. Well I was sure that he had not learned anything from this show and viewed it at most kids his age as mindless entertainment. Well the other day he told meÃ¢â‚¬Â sharing is how we make friends" this is of course three-year-old logic, yet it is very powerful to have my son tell me this having learned this from a TV show. I now pay more attention to this show in particular.
My son and I spent more time together over this Holiday season as I was not home for his first two. So we got to know each other better. Now I'm not an advocate of TV as a parent, yet I do know that a tired child will be very sill and quiet in front of the idiot box. So there is no need to condemn TV or its content as parents we are all responsible for what our children are seeing on TV and we are better if we slow down and watch it with them. I will say that as far as life lessons go 'Avatar' does a very good job. Well do Nickelodeon.
12 years agoHaldeth
We are a proud few. We who bear witness to our hero and villainÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s exploits, the battles of our allies and adversaries, and the trials of our knights and dark lords. We who pass on the epic poems of success and sorrow, betrayal and redemption, victories and defeats, and those little moments that lighten our soul or break our hearts. We are the 13th Warriors.
i, Haldeth, am a 13th warrior!
12 years agoHaldeth
All religions have the same basic message, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Be a good person and be good to othersÃ¢â‚¬Â. It is the interpretation of the religion that gets in the way. Many religions went though a well for the lack of a better phrase a Ã¢â‚¬Å“teenage periodÃ¢â‚¬Â of violence, (Buddhism is the exception) Islam is a religion of peace. None of what is being done in the Middle-East in the name of Islam is based on the Koran. The dress of women and the punishment of criminals are all from the stories of Mohamed. Read the Koran.
Christianity when through the same thing with the Spanish inquisition, none of what was done in Spain was ever in the Bible. Jesus preached love and tolerance, yet as with many religions it was hijacked by extremist who wanted to further their own political agenda and used religion to give themselves legitimacy, and so it is with Islam. The people who do these horrible acts are nothing more that criminals who are using religion to give themselves legitimacy, they are not representative of any real religion.
12 years agoHaldeth
Get to know me... if you dare.
OKAY I'll Bit.... Hey look I'm COOL(not)
1. A Cuddler? No.
2. A morning person? Yes.
3. Are you a perfectionist? Depends.
4. An only child? Nope.
5. Catholic? Agnostic all the way.
6. In your pajamas? Never only au'natural
7. Currently suffering from a broken heart? NO
8. Okay styling other people's hair? NO
10. Addicted to MySpace? NO.
11. Shy around the opposite gender? NO, I love women.
12. Bite your nails? NO.
13. Get paranoid at times? NO
14. Currently regret something that you said? I often speak before I think!!!
15. Curse frequently when you get mad? NO
16. Enjoy country music? Some of it it all depends on the artist
17. Enjoy jazz music? See above
18. Enjoy smoothies? Yes
19. Enjoy talking on the phone? Depends on who it's with.
20. Have a lot to learn? Yeah, I do.
21. Have a pet? 4 one dog (moritz) three cats ( Max, Lucy-Lu and Nemo)
22. Have a tendency to fall for the "wrong" person? Nope I found the right one
23. Have all your grandparents? No.
24. Have at least one sibling? Yes
25. Have been told that you are smart? YES.
26. Have a broken bone before? Yes, arm, foot, nose
27. Have Caller I.D. on your phone? Yeah.
28. Changed a diaper? Yes
29. Changed a lot over the past year? YES
30. Had friends who have never seen your natural hair color? No
31. Had surgery? No. .
32. Killed another person? Yes
33. Had your haircut within the last week? Nope,
34. Had the cops called on you? NO
LAST PERSON WHO:
1. Slept in the bed besides you? Sylvia
2. Saw you cry? Sylvia
3. Went to the movies w/ u? Sylvia
4. You went to the mall with? Sylvia
5. You went to dinner with? Sylvia
6. You talked on the phone with? Martha my sister
7. Said 'I love you' to you and really mean it? Sylvia
8. Broke your heart? Petra
9. Made you laugh? Rygar
WOULD YOU RATHER?
1. Pierce your nose or tongue? neither
2. Be serious or be funny? Funny, You can say anything if you make someone laugh
3. Drink whole or skim milk? whole.
4. Die in a fire or drown? I do not want to die...ever!!!
5. Spend time with your parents or enemies? Only my dad, not my mother
1. Simple or complicated? Simple
2. Gay? NO
3. Hardcore? Yes
DO YOU PREFER. .
1. Flowers or candy? Flowers
2. Gray or black? Black.
3. Color or Black and white photos? I like both. But there's something about black and white photos
4. Lust or love? Each have their uses.
5. Sunrise or sunset? Sunrise
6. M&Ms or Skittles? M&M
7. Staying up late or waking up early? Staying up late.
ANSWER TRUTHFULLY !!
1. Do you like anyone? YES
2. Do they know it? YES
DO YOU PREFER...
1. Sun or moon? SUN
2. Winter or Fall? Fall.
3. Left or right? Right.
4. 10 acquaintances or having two best friends? Two best friends.
5. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream? Vanilla.
1. What time is it? 16:15
2. Name: HAROLD
3. Nickname(s): Hal, Cyborg, Shaggy
4. Where were you born? Chicago, Ill
5. What is your birth date? 30 Nov 1969
6. What do you want? Out of life? To live forever
7. Where do you want to live? Colorado
8. How many kids do you want? I have one.
9. You want to get married? I am
1. Nervous Habits: I start drumming on every hard surface.
2. Are you double jointed? NO
3. Can you roll your tongue? NO
4. Can you raise one eyebrow? NO
5. Can you cross your eyes? YES
6. Do you make your bed daily? NO
7. Which shoe goes on first? It doesn't matter.
9. Ever thrown one at someone? NO
10. On the average, how much money do you carry with you daily? $20
11. What jewelry do you wear? I always wear my watch,
No questions have been answered yet