Refer to last Journal. . . .
Also, that's right, this guy called it.
And Back to your regularly scheduled day :D
3 years agoJMOB5
And here's an Update from the prior Journal,
But before that, I would like to add this questions to you guys:
You are an owner of a shoe store. One early morning, a Lady comes to the store asking to purchase a pair of shoes. The shoe's original price was 20 dollars, but to earn some money, you sell it to her at $30. Unfortunately, the lady only has a $50 note. In a quick and smart move, you go to your neighbouring seller. And ask him for smaller notes. So with that resolved you go back to your store, pass the change on to the lady and wave her goodbye. Minutes later, your neighbour comes back to you angrily telling you that the 50 note was a counterfeit and that you now owe him a 50. You tell him that you can resolve this, by passing him a legit $50 from sales made that day.
The Question is: How much did you lose?
No right or wrong answers. Feel free to answer this question in the Comments :D
And journal time:
I got a JOB!!!!
Well, it isn't much. WIth a starting salary of $1,500.(Under the market price, which my parents, friends can't stop reminding me) And honestly, it's going to be the thing that will provide me for the next 4 years. Also, that salary amount will be negotiable after a 3 month period. So that's okay. Just need to work as hard as possibly can.
Right now, getting some physics done whilst watching Zootopia (Really awesome Movie) and working on sketches for @Fly and @Dragonrift. So wait abit, I'll be in work mode.
Also, I'm back to the schedule of reading my favourite comic maker's, Mike Mignola, work, ranging from the Hellboy in Hell Series to an Old comic he worked on, Cosmic Odessy. With that in mind, I am still working to get put out the webcomics, The Bastion(Still in Layouts), RWBY:Red in Tooth and Claw(Page 1) and The Glider(Working in the Layouts).
So I leave you with that little tid bit :D
Till next time :D
3 years agoJMOB5
Hey guys, what's been up?
So RTX has come and gone. And to the people that have gone to and attended RTX hopefully you guys enjoyed your time there. I would like to hear some of your stories actually. :D
This is the part of the Journal Where I drone on, Skip to the point where you see the #### so that you know where to continue. (Really, who reads this)
1. I am 23 and my parents will not be able to supply my other siblings with money so that they will one day be able to attend things like school.
2. I have to serve a 2 year bond due to a deal I signed with a company that was supposed to have searched for a job for me, but repeatedly tells me that it would be better to search for one retro-actively
3. I have to work and study at the same time, commiting to 08:30 to 17:30 to work in the morning and evenings, and 19:30 to the evening times to actual studying. Here's why this sucks, I live in the East whilst my school is in the West. And the plan that my dad has with me is that I should stay at home, taking the travel from one end of the Country to the other to make studying and work ends meet.
4. I've been having issues with my self-esteem:
49 views were the total view count for 7 pages from the webcomic that I put out.
As compared to the 100+ pages that I had on the first upload of another webcomic.
Not only that, it feels nice to continually clean my house and yet be scolded by my mother about how I don't contribute to cleaning the house.
5. I don't have anything to feel proud of anymore.
I want to speak honestly for a while. I want to make comics, write and illustrate. Even illustrating a comic would have been fine. I have done my best to make my style better over time. But I also understand that that time is barely enough against the hours other comic-artists have committed. I would like to scream at the fact that I have to be an engineer, to be able to be responsible for taking care of my family. (I was taken from my computer to reposition a carpet there are other people) Don't worry about suicide, I've programmed myself to not to resort to which. It fucking sucks. I do not know what the fuck I should do with my life. Honestly, I want to keep making comics, but one the sucky hand, no one reads anything I put out. To compare it to the other artists, I drawing to the equivalent of a kindergardener. And to the engineering stuff, right now I look at a refresher course in physics. I can barely apply concepts that are there to any of the things that I know of. I apply formulae and crunch math and I can barely get the answer correct most of the damn time.
### End of the Rant
So right now I am thinking of going to sleep,
to the people that read this, I'd like to draw something for you.
So, if you want, feel free to type out something for me to draw :D
3 years agoJMOB5
Hey guys, What's up ?
I'd like to ask you guys a thought experiment. . .
Given Peace or Freedom, which would you pick?
(Please don't start an arguement war here, just wanted a binary answer. Either Peace or Freedom. Assume that they are mutually exclusive)
SO, on other topics, how's everyone?
I'm guessing that at this time, RTX will be going on. So to those that're enjoying themselves at RTX hope you have an amazing time there :D
So, this is just an update:
Finish National Service.
Working to try to get a job
Writing a Resume currently
Working on webcomics as of now, Tales of Adventures is up
Playing Chess online and Dragon Age 2
So that's it for now :D
Till next time
3 years agoJMOB5
What's up guys?
The previous journal was just me raging about stuff, this week is continually going to piss me off. So instead of just raging, I'll just plow right through the week, with the current schedule for April.
Before the main point, I just want to put this out there.
1) I am an amateur artist/writer
2) I've been writing for too long, ignoring the primary thing that I want to do.
3) I've started Dark Souls again, so this schedule might be wrong.
Here's the Schedule.
By the End of Week 03 of April:
:Covers for RWBY Fan Comic, Tales of Adventure
:Work of the RWBY related things for @Dragonrift
:Work of the scripts for The Bastion Chapter 04 and Glider Chapter 04
By the End of April:
The Bastion (Urban-Fantasy webcomic)
: Finish the script for Chapter 04 and finalize the layout for the comic
Tales of Adventure (DnD/Pathfinder/Fantasy webcomic. Something new)
: Finish penciling of the Comic and Inking of the Comic,
RWBY Fan Comic (Based off of the events of Season 3 of RWBY)
: Think of an appropriate title for it.
: Start the layouts for the current script.
: Start the Pencils
So that will be the rest of my april,
It's geting late here in Singapore, so I'll see you guys when I see you.
Till the next time :D
P.S. Would like to ask,
If I made a webcomic, that you liked, would you prefer to read it here on the Site? Or would you prefer to read it off-site (DevArt or so.)
Also, I would like to start something like a DnD/Pathfinder game with the Community. Both here and on the other social media sites that I use. But it will take time and more experience,( might need a colorist). So here's the deal, Any DMs/ GMs out there? I would like sometips that occur around your style of DM'ing.
3 years agoJMOB5
I've essentially realized that I am the dumbest, laziest piece of dumb in my family.
Here are the steps to reaching this level.
1) Recently find and purchase a PC game(hardcopy) with the prior knowledge that Disk reader is spoilt
2) Have the acceptance forms for University, but still dick around do absolutely nothing.
3) Work like poo day in and day out to realize that all the work has been surmounting to absolute BS.
4) Realize that I have no clue on what to do next.
P.S. I do realize that there are people out there that have it worse than the above 4 points. And I do realize that by posting this, there will be people telling me: " THere are people out there that are suffering through worse shit"
1) to the people that tell me that, I do realize that there are people in this world that are currently having a way worse time at life.
2) Do note, that whilst you are reading this, or ready to type out a full page essay on how other people's life sucks, realize that you have the potential and the time to actually do something to help those people instead of wasting the damn time reading this mini vent session that I am currently going through. Give them money, time or help. Because your full page essay on how I am a self-centered piece of shit does absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
3) And lets be honest. If you are up to this point, really evaluate your life. You are reading a venting idiots journal about how his life stinks due to little tiny problems. Do you really think that reply with " Other people have worse problems" really does anything?
4) And also, who's going to take the time to read this? You? You've probably read the top four points, decided to focus on them and skipped the rest after the P.S section. If you are still reading, congrats, you have wasted the time, effort, and data to listend to an idiot rant about how his problems make him angry and how he realizes that other people out there have worse problems
5) Seriously, Not a single person is going to read this anyway, so to the immaginary person reading this, thanks.
3 years agoJMOB5
Bienvenue, to those that see this,
What's up, its been some time since I posted a little journal. So here's the journal.
Recently, I've been trying push out some content on a weekly basis, the drawings and sketches which are part training for a weekly thing and a part training for my drawing style. Hopefully it will turn into a weekly comic thing, posting random weekly short comics based in the experiences that happen to me or to those on this site. But we shall see . . . We shall see, what we shall see
On a different tangent, I've received my acceptance to admission to University, under Electrical Electronic Engineering. Which is going to be quite weird for me. So anyone here had the choice to pursue 2 different paths in life? Both paths being ones that you've wanted to pursue, both having pros and cons that are on equal sides. But I'll see where that will go .
Back to work things, here's the schedule that I'll try to follow with comics and stuff. .
A.) 1 drawing/sketch, to the 1 guy/gal/robotic-banana-overlord/grand-poombah that reads my posts, you could decide what the sketch will be. Leave a comment to see if the sketch becomes yours, if you do, comment whether you are a guy/gal/robotic-banana-overlord/grand-poombah
B). Working on Tales of Adventures comic Chatper 01 and Spook Chapter 01, Should be finished by End of April
C). Writing Scripts for Chapter 04 for Bastion, Chapter 04 Glider and also a special chapter for a special something I need to ask permission for. . .
So to the guy/gal/robotic-banana-overlord/grand-poombah that is still reading this feel free to comment below and I shall see you this weekend.
3 years agoJMOB5
3 years agoJMOB5
Inktober 05: Random Fish Dude
Was doodling at a work site, watched as a bunch of fish swarmed a food site nearby. Though to myself: " what would happen if Lovecraft's story The Shadow Over Innsmouth was true? What would those people look like?"
Oscar Zahn from LINE Webtoons. Simple sketch and one done asap due to the rush of stuff happening.
Inktober 03: Samantha
Another OC from "The Bastion" need to work on female characters and their proportions.
Inktober Day 02: The Hunter
OC sketch of a character from "the sound of silence" series.
Inktober Day 01
Just a simple inked drawing for the days of Inktober. Wasn't able to complete the inktober challenge so far due to exams. Based off if the Darkest Dungeon
Sound of Silence: Page 01
FIrst Page to a web-comic that I'll be working on. Just realized that school and work are really taking up alot of the time If you would like to see more, I'll probably put more pages out on Deviant Art. Till next time :D
Why. . . Just Why.
I never learn do I, Even when I wrote about this in an earlier Image Post. Well. Shitake Mushrooms. Just Mushrooms. Also, This is Vincent, an OC from "The Bastion", holding a "Spider-ling" (Anyone want to donate a spider-related name not using terms related or sounding like:"Arachnid" "Widow" or "Spiderling" :D), whilst another leaps out at him.
Something to Shake of the Dust
Well, it ain't much, but it's something. . . Posting a journal about this soon, but for now, this is Page 1 of a series I'd like to call Tales of Adventure, (just realized that at the end of this chapter, posted on DeviantArt, it is Tales of Adventures, need to change that) Till then, see you guys soon p.s. if you have a Monk-based title , I'd like to hear it, I don't title these things well. p.s.s. or p.p.s After this, it's on to a RWBY fan comic. When it comes out. . . 2 days before never. :D
Art V Artist
A little something something to post. First time doing this. :D
Trying to get back into the rhythm
SO, the site still likes to turn the picture whenever I post things. So here it is. In all essence, the drawing is just a test of me going back to me drawing day in and day out. The characters are realated to the things I'd be posting soon