So my last journal post was an update on my life. Seems like a perfect time to do another one, if only for the nostalgia factor of looking back on it when next year rolls around.
- RTX 2017 was a great time as per usual. With it being my fourth RTX I’ve finally got all the kinks out of my travel and vacation plans. Was able to hit every food place I wanted and see all the friends I wanted to see. Important to note that this RTX will probably be my last one for a little while as I am hoping to travel the world and not just to Texas in 2018.
- I still work at EB Games. Though about four months ago I was promoted to head office. Which to be completely honest was the worst decision I’ve made in a very very long time. It has such a long commute and the job itself is extremely boring and not challenging in any way. Honestly trying to find something new that actually makes me happy.
- On the happiness note, this has been a really rough year for me. My boyfriend and I broke up early February and while I can say it was for the best it did take a while to recover. Then when I finally recovered I had such immense family drama. Then the whole job switch. So suffice to say that I’m ready for 2017 to GTFO.
- I’m randomly working part time seasonal at a company called Saje. It’s a Canadian company that sells aromatherapy products. I purely got the job to help pay for some of the costs of my long commute but so far I have been really loving working there. They put a huge focus on personal wellness for their employees and this has helped me immensely with the drudgery of daily life at EB. I am desperately hoping they will keep me on after the season is over.
- Friends are weird. Unfortunately all my close girlfriends have all moved downtown so I do not see them very often at all. I do not have the means or the intention of moving downtown and they do not come home to visit very often so it’s just been a strange transition in that regard. I am very luck however that my best friend, who literally lives across the world from me, is just so amazing with keeping in touch and messaging that I never feel like I’m far away from her. She is literally my rock.
- I have gotten more into cosplay this year. It has been such a fantastic coping mechanism for me during all this stress. I started a cosplay Instagram and can say that I craft very regularly. It honestly makes me so relaxed and allows me to tune out the stress of the world for a little while. I don’t really have big plans but just doing a bit every day keeps me sane.
- This year, and particularly the last few months have been really rough in terms of my mental health. I’ve struggled with depression for years but it has not been this bad in about 6 years. I am having major trouble coping with it and have had to take occasional sick days off work because I can’t stop crying for whatever strange reason. Debating the idea of taking meds again but I never found ones that worked for me the first time around and am scared of all the sideffects this time around. I’m thinking if I can just survive the holiday season then everything will be okay.
This has been kind of a bummer. But here’s hoping that when I look back at this in a year or so, I will laugh at all the negativity and be happy with where I am.