If you vote you MUST tell how you voted via comment.
10 years agoNO_YES
I'll make this journal ONE MORE TIME.
-I have Rock Band 2.
-I'd like to start a new band
-If you have the means, I'd like to play
Been playing single player a little too much and have found myself playing the same songs.
I need the kind of diversity that only another human being can bring.
Are you in?
10 years agoNO_YES
Has anyone noticed a fun trend in TV lately?
We call it song time.
It happens around 2/3 to 3/4 through the show. Something very meaningful occurs to the main character(s) usually around the plot climax that necessitates a falling action. In order to mediate this falling action, many shows have chosen montages of our characters getting on with their lives, righting wrongs, hanging their heads in shame/sorrow, or staring into space ALL set to emo music.
I really dislike song time.
10 years agoNO_YES
I realize I don't get too personal here. I'll try and amend that in 2009 starting today!
Stolen borrowedLIFTED from Jengaship:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you've never done before?
Qualified to Fencing National Championships. Placed 30th.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions to keep. I don't anticipate making any for next year either.
3. What countries did you visit?
I didn't leave the homeland this year. Perhaps next year.
4. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Drive. I have lots of ambition, but have lulled into complacence. That's what a mid-level, well-paying job will do to you after college. Graduates beware! I've begun preliminary staging on, if successful, will be a monumental change in my personal geography. Long winded way of saying I'll be moving probably around this time next year.
5. What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 3rd: North American Cup
July 9th-10th: National Championships
July 18th: Yankee Stadium
November 5th: Dad's 65th
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Deciding where I am going, being a better cook, keeping the weight off, & placing well at Nationals.
7. What was your biggest failure?
Not committing to finding a new job. See question 4. Given our economic circumstances, I think I might be better off. Plus things are much better these days at the workplace. Acumulatng more credit card debt.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does getting bitten by a spider count? I was in the hospital for 4 hours...
9. What was the best thing you bought?
Drums. Damn. Fencing gear?
10. Where did most of your money go?
11. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Chicago with Tim & Columbus with Tom. All the traveling!
12. What song(s) will always remind you of 2008?
Ivy: 15 Seconds
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
More money in the bank but more debt to pay off.
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Waste time. Ditto.
16. Did you fall in love in 2008?
17. How many one-night stands?
No comment. Sorry guys, I'm not a sharer.
18. What was your favorite TV program?
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
20. What was the best book you read?
Ayn Rand: The Virtue of Selfishness
Machiavelli: The Prince
21.What were your greatest musical discoveries?
Coheed & Cambria
22. What did you want and get?
23. What was your favorite film of this year?
24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Get together with family and friends. There was much eating and drinking. 28.
25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being more/less up-front with my feelings where appropriate.
26. What kept you sane?
Honestly? Drinking less.
27. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I find them all mostly vapid human beings. I do enjoy looking at Jennifer Morrison quite a bit.
28. Who did you miss?
My family. A couple of others I won't mention.
29. Who was the best new person you met?
This just made me realize I don't meet too many people. I am quite entrenched with the friends I have. Is this a bad thing? Oh wait.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Visit your family more, Noyes. Be happy and thankful for the life you live, for it really is a good one.
31. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I'm not doing this. Too sappy.
32. Will you be looking for a new job?
No. I'll be going back to school though.
33. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Perhaps. I frequently go back and forth on this one. If I seek out/the right one comes along...
34. New house?
Not on the immediate horizon.
35. What will you do different in 09?
More planning. More exercize. Being more industrious and hard-working.
Thanks Jack, I like your answer enough to embrace it as my own.
36. New Years resolution?
Nope. I will have goals.
37. What will you not be doing in 09?
Wasting time & money.
38. Any trips planned?
Paris, New York, Hawaii, Atlanta, & perhaps Dallas.
39. Wedding Plans?
40. Major thing on your calendar?
41. What canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t you wait for?
I have a hard time getting over-excited these days. Now, more than ever, I realize the fun times will come just as fast as they always do and be in hindsight before I know it.
42. What would you like to see happen differently?
I'd like us to wake up to the fact that we're being fleeced out of more our hard-earned money every day by a number of institutions (that probably should have been allowed to die.). Barack Obama, I'm looking at you: Don't dissappoint us.
*Addendum: Who the hell am I kidding?
43. What about yourself will you be changing?
I think I can take this fitness thing to its logical conclusion. Be a better fencer. Become a student again.
44. What happened in Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ08 that you didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t think would ever happen?
I feel like I've answered this question already.
45. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
46. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 08?
I like my style.
47. Will you start or quit drinking?
48. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I need to visit more often. Take less "me" time and just go. Go!
49. Will you do charity work?
This I need to engage in more.
50. Will you go to bars?
51. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
Probably not. I am wary of strangers.
Continued in comments...
10 years agoNO_YES
...that I am quite happy I live in California. As cold as it's been here, I've been noting the weather in other parts of the country. I called and thanked my Dad for moving here.
On to a not entirely related topic/rant: Gift giving.
I think the whole process would be 1000 fold more enjoyable if I didn't have to WRAP everything. Fuck.
As you were.
There are no images yet. Create an album!
No questions have been answered yet