Damn, I haven't posted a journal in about a month now. It's getting hard for me to just take the time to write something. And to that end I'll try to be brief this time, despite the amount of gushing I want to do.
- First off, my leg's doing much better. I've stopped using the crutches and tensor bandages entirely. I still can't quite kneel on it yet, and while I can sit cross-legged, it starts to hurt after a few minutes. There are also the occasional small bubbles and pangs of pain here and there while walking, but they're negligible and can mostly be ignored. So I can say now that as far as general purposes go, I am recovered!
- Second, job's going well. There's the occasional bit of stress here and there, and it can get a bit intense depending on the situation. But for the most part it's a team thing and I have people to rely on when I can't figure stuff out. And they still seem to think I'm helpful too, so win-win. Oh, and the guy nobody liked got fired, so win-win-win! All in all, still happier here than my last job. It's got its busy moments (and I understand it will get much worse in winter), but it's also got plenty of downtime so it's easier to unwind between spurts.
- Third, my luck in FGO this summer has been ASTOUNDING. Not only did I get NP2 Summer Tamamo and a Squirtoria in the rerun, but I've made out like a bandit on this year's event too. Within the first 90 quartz on Summer Nero's banner I'd gotten all 3 of my main targets - Summer Nero, Nobunaga, and Nitocris! ...I then went on to waste another load only to get nothing of value, though. Should have quit while I was ahead. The second banner came out and I threw my last 90 quartz at it and got Summer Raikou and Helena. Had no interest in them, but they're limiteds so I'll take it. And I hear Raikou is the best 4* Lancer in the game.
But then I got my day 750 login quartz, which gave me enough for another 10-roll. Hoo boy. Remember I said the rerun banner for last summer was my first time getting a 5* servant off a summon ticket? Well, this is certainly a summer of firsts, because those login quartz got me this beauty:
Hot damn, the first time I've ever summoned two 5*s in one roll, and it was a limited summer servant! Fucking sweet. Imagine how thrilled I was to see the first, but then a second gold Rider card? I held my breath for the reveal, and couldn't believe it. Awesome. And when I did the challenge quest featuring Medb and her costume dress, the ticket I got for it was thrown and Summer Umu's banner, and it gave me Summer Fran. With that, I have every last summer Servant except for Martha. With Tamamo and Maid Alter at NP2. Pretty damn cool.
Of course, I don't have the QP or embers or even materials to raise them all, but still!
- I've cut down my playing time in FEH. I failed to get the summer characters I wanted in it, just a number of pity breakers and a consolation prize of Summer Laevatein. About the only thing I enjoy in the game right now is watching the replays of people getting beaten by my Aether Raids defense team, so I'm not playing as much. Honestly, I hope to quit altogether sooner or later. I've gotten a few nice pulls that have me still mildly interested (not to mention the free Brave Micaiah), but hopefully I'll finally drop it sooner or later.
- My luck in Epic Seven has been pretty damn good, too. I've got a number of nice characters now, and my grinding is starting to pay off. That said, gear is the true wall in this game, and I'm feeling it. I've got cool characters, but I can't use 'em until they get gear. Blarg. Overall, still enjoying it. Autobattle takes a lot of the edge off.
- Just bought a Switch today with Smash Ultimate! It'll be a while before I unlock all the characters, but I'm hoping to get myself addicted to this instead of gachas. If I can wean myself off of those and back onto console games, I'll be in a much better place.
Can't say I like the controller options it comes with out of the box, though.
Only have the one game for now, but there are several on my list that I plan on picking up down the line, including but not limited to Mario Kart 8, Mario Maker 2, Splatoon 2, TLoZ Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveler, and perhaps Super Neptunia RPG if I don't get it for PS4.
Also thinking about getting Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice for PS4 sooner or later. And I really need t get back to CTR and the other games my gachas have been distracting me from....
Anyway, sorry it's been a while since my last update, and sorry I haven't been commenting very much lately. Once again, I really don't feel like doing much on days I work, and I've been getting a lot of shifts consecutively lately. Doesn't leave me much time to get stuff done at home. But this weekend I finally got a 3-day weekend, so I was able to do some cleaning and grinding in my games, not to mention pick up a Switch finally and write a journal. So even though I've been quiet, things are going pretty well right now and I'm pretty happy with that.