Been using the site for a few weeks now and I've got to say, it's exceeded my expectations. Right from the get go, it's felt familiar, which isn't really an easy thing to do - just look at the previous beta. This site has managed to remain familiar, while also giving it a fresh face-lift, improving functionality and adding a whole bunch of features that users have been asking for.
I do have a few bugs / possible changes I'd like to discuss though:
- Ability to hide occupation if left empty, similar to some of the other fields.
- Please move the Gaming link in the Community drop down menu. It feels so out of place and gets in the way of two links users are going to be using regularly (Dashbord and Groups.) With it also pulling you from your current site to the Achievement Hunter site, it seems like it should only exist there anyway.
- When looking at your profile, it'd be nice if we could collapse the new entry, I don't post regular journals, but I do tend to check/use my profile for things regularly.
- Search bar on the header should remain there, and not bring you to a new page to search. When clicked, could it simply expand over top of the social networks to the left?
- Live streams (Podcasts+On the Spot) should be included in the schedule.
- Having two links for the store is redundant. (One at the top with the links to each site, the other is the drop down located next to Community) Especially when you set the desired store in your profile, why have a list of each store in the drop down menu? (Removing that drop down menu could allow more space for the search bar as well)
- Popular Content seems like it should be part of the dashboard, rather than it's own option in the drop down.
- Having a separate search bar for tags on the dashboard seems kind of counter-productive. Why not have it included in the other search results, with the ability to click a category out of the results to bring up full search results. Or maybe a check box/radio box to click once clicking search on the header? (think reddit)
- No need to see your profile sidebar on the dashboard, seems odd since there's no way to pull up the dashboard when looking at your profile. Unless there's plans to add a "My Homepage" like dashboard similar to the current live site.
- Any plans to add an "online now" like we used to have? I don't care all that much, but I know it'll be a question that'll come up, people were upset about that on the old site.
- Instead of having "View All Friends" as a link, could we simply click the title friends?
- Ability to see and use an html editor for journals
- Please, no gifs are profile header images
A few bugs:
- Padding on the share links, overlaps with the reply box.
- Currently when viewing other peoples profiles, you get a list of people they might know based off location. Seems like something that should only be visible to whoever's profile it is.
- No confirmation when you delete something
- Doesn't appear to be a character limit on your custom title
- Avatars that aren't a perfect square show up squished everywhere except the full-sized picture in your profile.
- When viewing all your friends, no names are displayed (though this looks like it just hasn't been styled yet, probably not a bug)
- Getting notifications for "wall comments" on people I follow
- Not getting notifications when someone I follow uploads a new picture (with picture only posts it seems like this should be an option)
- When using the dashboard, you're given a first and last button, seems like an odd choice. A previous and next button seems ideal with the first and last page number always shown
-Edit- Text formatting doesn't appear to be working. This was originally written using an unordered list, looked fine in the editor but was essentially a wall of text when posted. When I tried removing the unordered list from the text above it would make the browser go unresponsive. I had to remove it one line at a time. Not going to try and fix the formatting of this journal for now.