Lots of stuff has happened since I last posted and I'll probably forget to mention several things, but here's a run down:
- Heald College closed down and thousands of employees, myself included, were laid off.
- I job hunted for 2 months and then found myself working for another career college doing almost the exact same thing, but for more money. Yay me!
- Yay me indeed, because I had bought a brand new car the week before I lost my job. Whew.
- It's an Elantra GT. And by new, I mean the model year is the same that we are currently in.
- I use my new fancy car to drive Aurora to her new fancy montessouri school.
- And Tony to his speech therapy classes, which he still attends and is doing AMAZING in.
- He also tried out dance this summer, but it was an epic fail.
- So now he'll be starting bowling in a few weeks.
- Aurora will continue with jazz, tap, and ballet, but has dropped hip hop for the fall.
- Speaking of dance, Aurora did a performance for the Stockton Gay Pride Festival this last month and she was FIERCE GUUUURL, WERK IT!
- I'm still working as a clown.
- And a tutor.
- And a henna artist, on the side.
- Cuz moneyz.
- Miguel went to Georgia for work a while ago and enjoyed the two weeks away, but his full time status still feels like part time sometimes.
- A few weeks ago, we had to put our pit mix, Thunder, to sleep. He had an aggressive cancer that came out of nowhere and spread over less than a month. We miss him, and so does Brownie (our minpin), who is acting out by escaping into the neighbors' yard and trying to hump her tiny fluffy dog.
So what've you fine people been up to?