Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
I'm all alone.
Having a wank.
Happy commercialisation of the single emotion that makes us different from the beasts day!
3 years agoTheFringe
Figured I'd post this, considering that it's now buried in the comments of @Barbara 's recent "Community" journal, for those of you who are interested and may have missed it.
1. Some of the people I met on this site, regardless as to whether or not they still watch the content, or take part in the community in an active fashion, are now some of my best friends, when I came across the site, back in 2012, I finally found a place where people who shared my interests and sense of humour dwelt. It couldn’t have come at a better time; I was a vulnerable teenager, just off of the back of life changing exams that I had screwed up royally and I was severely depressed, the bad science of the RT podcast and a bunch of dopes sitting about playing Minecraft every Friday was my light at the end of the tunnel, I owe this site big time for it.
2.This is going to be a vast contrast to my previous point, I’ve often seen that people who post regularly, or used to post in some cases, are chased out ridiculed or downright abused for what they do or what they say. In particular, if anyone, levels any sort of criticism at a staff member, or a production, regardless of that criticism being constructive or otherwise, mob mentality wins, and nothing is done about it. I enjoy almost everything I do, but God forbid I disagree with Burnie on something, or think that a member of AH went a little bit too far in their videos, I don’t get my kacks in a twist about it, and cry on a forum, but even saying something as tame as “Do you know what, I didn’t think Michael was into that vid, it seemed like he was tired” can earn me a spree of downvotes at best, or at worst, abusive comments. There will always be (and this goes for any fanbase) a segment that screams bloody murder if you’re not worshipping the ground that Stage 5 is built on, but it seems that comments that would typically be reserved for youtube have bled onto this site, and continue to gain traction.
3. Your varied production. I don’t watch everything you make, but I know as a fan I’m spoilt for choice, I’m not an anime or gameshow fan per se, but I fucking love RWBY and On the Spot. I don’t have time to watch the patch each week, but TheKnow and Dude Soup keep me in the loop as far as gaming goes. RT really does have something for everyone, and that is admirable.
4. Your sponsors. Linda.com ? Useful nice offer on a trial, caters very succinctly to the fanbase, that coupled with SquareSpace ? Very good. Who the hell thought Pizza Hut was a good idea for RTX? Every event was constant, Pizza Hut this, Pizza Hut that. I don’t care, I don’t eat it, because in Northern Ireland it tastes like cum omelettes, but it was thrown at the audience, and we were expected to lap it up like animals, it turned a community event corporate. Yes, I understand that money has to come from somewhere, and the priority of the people running the booths and stalls is to make money, but having that thrown at you, no matter what panel you went to or what room you were in, cheapened the whole event. Also, Fanduel, I don’t gamble, I don’t have a problem with people who do, but if you think that the odds are stacked in the House’s favour in Vegas? Then they are stacked infinitely higher for online betting, and you’re a fool to think otherwise. I want relevant sponsors, Linda, SquareSpace, Razor even Alpha Brain, products that I will use; not fast food and wastes of money. Also, to turn on that AH podcast, something that I had eagerly been awaiting for since it was announced, hell, even before that, and hear them bitch about Adblock for what seemed like most of the opener In a sponsors only podcast that I am paying to see early?!? Yeah guys, thanks but no thanks
5. The new site has caused massive damage to the community, yes, I understand that some features weren’t feasible, some were outdated, but it seems more and more that the word community on that banner, is becoming less and less of a priority, we aren't seeing updates anymore, any community features are bottled off in a little hidden away submenu, and to be honest, I have seen the effect of a lot of community features are either not there are difficult to find, prominent posters and journal writers are getting less traction (not me personally) people who run groups are buried at the bottom, and even journals in my feed, have gone WAY down.
6. Often times, no. My friends have stopped using the site, I’m seeing less and less new users, the groups I was involved in (save for one or two) have gone dark.
7. Personally no, but I will not take the liberty to speak on anyone else's behalf.
8.The ability to tailor my alerts. I love my friends, but I already know what they like, I don’t need a notification every time they like or comment on something, I also have some friends whose content I don’t read, let me turn off alerts for them and stay friends!
9. More relevant sponsors in external content, less sponsors (or ridiculous sponsors) in sponsored events, I’ve paid my money to see the podcast/LP/production, I didn’t pay to see an advert.
10. I think I’ve covered most of my opinions, I would like to say that this is from my perspective, Adam could be looking at site metrics and see that 6000 new users joined in the last three days. That would contradict my point about seeing less and less users, I’ve said everything here as opinion and from my perspective, if I am wrong, and there is relevant proof, I’ll concede.
3 years agoTheFringe
Hey guys :D got something for your to check out.
I've been working on a few articles the past while and I've decided to chuck one up today, I began this morning and finished it a few hours ago.
It's up on tumblr because I couldn't be arsed mucking around with Wordpress, so for now, it'll do. The format may change, but the content will stay the same.
This isn't the first article I've written, but it was one that would have been outdated had I not completed it today, so for now, it's the first on the site. There will be more.
Thanks for taking the time to check it out for me, guys :D, the next one is on it's way in the coming weeks, comment below this journal and let me know what you think :D
HOORAY FOR SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION!
3 years agoTheFringe
3 years agoTheFringe
Irish Rooster Teeth Fans!!!!
RT Irish Fans
minecraft for the xbox 360
Cards Against Humanity
Made of More
Photos of my brothers band. Mostly during performances.
Silverstone F1: GP 2012
Pictures from my trip to Silverstone race track to see the 2012 British Grand Prix
Hashed together sketches.
These usually are done in 30-45 minutes because I don't have the any patience.
The Stay Golden: Custom House Square May 11th 2013
And So I Watch You From Afar, and their homecoming gig in Belfast.
Mysterious glowing object spotted in the Irish skyline
Castleward October 2013
A series of photographs that I promised myself I would take during the turn of the seasons. The area featured is a National Trust property approximately 200 yards from my doorstep. Season 1 of Game of Thrones had three sets here, mostly to do with the tow