OK! So things have MOSTLY calmed down for me. finally
Let's see... Since November, I had my last skills and clinical day in my nursing program:
I passed my final and celebrated with friends:
Here's a picture of my graduating class:
I graduated from the nursing program:
And got a spiffy pin/sash to wear because of it
Celebrated that shiz with family and friends
Then went to a Christmas party for my job
Then I celebrated Christmas
And spoiled my guinea pigs...
Oh, and Rooster Speak Secret Snowman wrapped up last night at our Reveal Night event! For those of you unfamiliar, it's like a secret santa exchange, but everyone saves their gifts to be opened at the same time during Reveal Night. It harbors an even greater sense of community by bringing everyone together to share in the joy of giving. BOOM. We had almost all of the participants stop by on both TeamSpeak and TinyChat, and let me tell you, a good time was had by all. For three years, I have hosted this event for Rooster Speak, and Reveal Night is my gift every year. I had the honor of being joined by almost 30 people! Here's a screenshot @Newbs took, and I don't even think that was when it was at its busiest!:
Anyhow, I'm now currently stuck in a weird administrative limbo where I can't progress any further to get my nursing license because I need to wait for the Board of Registered Nursing to process my application. Which is apparently backed up significantly. So I'm enjoying a nice break while things calm the flip down in my life. And let me tell you: It's amazing. I work weekends, so my week is now
completely mostly free.
If I haven't already done so individually, I wanted to take a brief moment to thank the community here for always supporting me with my educational endeavors. If you have read some of my journals in the past, it wasn't always the easiest thing, but I could always turn to Rooster Teeth or Rooster Speak for encouragement. You all are an amazing bunch, and you should never feel like you don't make a difference. At the very least, you have made a difference in my life and I am forever grateful.
Hope everything is going well with you!
Love and hugs,
Warpek RTX Guardian
4 years agoWarpek
OK! So things have MOSTLY calmed down for me. finally
4 years agoWarpek
So while I could say that I've gotten super busy with my last semester of nursing school (which isn't far from the truth), I completely forgot to write either an RTX or a Pennsylvania trip recap. So this journal will now be a picture dump of some of my favorite pics from RTX. Pennsylvania to follow soon.
(There are too many people to tag, so I'm only going to tag the people seen/mentioned.)
Here we see @WarpeksSis, her boyfriend, and I parting ways after they dropped me off at LAX.
After getting picked up by the caravan of awesomeness, eventually wound up at Torchy's with @Panacamanana @Karl @Erkan @Monica @NobleSteed and @Lynxxon
Here we see @Hazerblade @Nester82 and @DaCuban joining the mix <3
Typical car ride with the boys :D
Got to be a Guardian (and a #FannyPackBro) this year!
Packed some baxes. (Picture stolen from Pana)
Went on a boat ride! (Photo stolen from Monica) @FThreat
Got to see a phenomenal birds-eye view of the Exhibition Hall!
Chillin' in the hallway during one of the panels with @Ytrahne and @loveroftoast
Grumped around (Photo stolen from Erkan) @Giffy
Going to Gordoughs with @KinoWolfie @JayJustice @Uberchild @Retalora and the gang <3
Of course, Lynx and Dan-o got stuck
inat the kiddie table.
Had dinner with some RoosterSpeakers (Photo stolen from Pana)
Had a few drinks (Photo stolen from @KempoB) @DarkBowler
Dinking around at TopGolf
River floating! (Picture stolen from @LttleCaboose)
Took a selfie with sleepy @JTeeth
Cuban and Erkan got a little cozy <3
How to Train Your Dragon 2 at The Alamo (Photo stolen from @Schraver) @Drekr
Here's a link to one of my favorite moments from RTX. I had the complete honor of being part of the PA Guardian Team, this year! Of course, I have to thank @Gus for being a lovely guy to work with. All of the Guardians this year were a blast and I hope to see you all next year!
Love and hugs,
4 years agoWarpek
Rooster Speak Secret Snowman Sign-Ups are open!!!
It's that time of year, ladies and gents! If you have no idea what that is, it's the gift exchange that I've put on for the past two years for the members of Rooster Speak! Basically, you sign up, and get paired with another group member, and send that person a gift anonymously! You will also be receiving an anonymous gift from someone else in the Rooster Speak community! Then, in December, we will all get together to open our gifts up together on something called Reveal Night! It's a ton of fun!
Here are some testimonials from Rooster Speak members you know
@Dacuban said, "I sent Gregory a terrible game and he sent me a coffee mug. We're close friends."
@Erkan included the following image:
@Soundbarrier said to @Kal: "If I'm your Secret Snowman for the third straight year, I'm calling conspiracy on Warpek."
Here's an example of the gifts that were sent last year:
From @Newbs and @Laurin to @Eoin:
From @LttleCaboose to @Karl:
Why should you care about this in October? Because sign-ups are going on now and close November 1st! You don't want to miss out on this opportunity to get together with your community members and share gifts, laughs, and fun times!
If you're interested, put on your holiday pants and check out this group News Post for more information and disclaimers and things:
If you're ready to sign up, head on over to this thread and follow the directions in the first post.
Love and hugs,
Sign your name below to officially sign up for the gift exchange.
The thread will be locked on November 1st. After that point, you cannot back out.
This exchange is for RoosterSpeak members ONLY.
After signing up, please fill out the questionnaire below and privately message it to me. If there are any other stipulations you feel you need to make, please include those as well:
2. Your address as it would appear on a letter. if your place of residence will not be the same in December as it is now, please put down an address where you will be living during the month of December, or where you can reliably receive your mail year-round in order to have it by Reveal Night.
3. Are you able to send a gift internationally? (e.g. If you are in the US, would you be comfortable sending a gift to someone in Australia?)
4. What is your T-Shirt size?
5. List 3 or 4 interests or gift ideas.
5 years agoWarpek
Each time I go to write an RTX/Pennsylvania trip journal, I can't think of what exactly to say. As soon as I stop
being lazyrelaxing and take all 728 pictures (no, that's not a joke) off of my phone, then I'll make a proper contribution to the thousands of these journals that were made.
For now, I hope you're all enjoying the summer! I'm enjoying it by not doing a god damn thing. You know, aside from the three week trip I just took.
Love and hugs to you all,
When you are active in the Rooster Speak TeamSpeak server, we ask that you abide by these rules:
- Racism, hatred or physical harm of any group or individual is unacceptable.
- Harassment or defamation of another person is unacceptable.
- Any and every level of cyberbullying is absolutely unacceptable by any user of Rooster Speak, whether they be a normal member or Administrative individual. As physical bullying is relatively impossible in our scenario, this includes, but is not limited to, emotional, psychological, and mental targeting, instigation, harassment, abuse, taunting, etc.
- No content promoting "junk mail" or "spam".
- No content involving commercial activities or sales without the consent of Rooster Speak Administration prior to the activity.
- No content that contains or provides information in regards to illegal or unauthorized copying of copyrighted work.
- No content displaying pornographic material of any kind. If you are among friends, tag it as NSFW within the link comment.
- Providing material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner is unacceptable. You will be banned for any material of this nature.
- Providing instructional information about illegal activities is unacceptable.
- Keep a polite and helpful attitude. Be kind to new users and ask questions when needed.
- Don't attempt to enter the TeamSpeak under a separate alias in hopes of fooling the Administration. When it is found that you have attempted to either avoid a ban or deceive the administration, you will be banned.
- Administrative decisions are made as a group rather than an individual. If you have any comments or concerns regarding a decision, please inquire it privately with a member of Administration.
- Issues with other members should not be public ordeals. Use private messages or channels to work out problems. If issues are made public, the Administration will deal consequences to the members involved. If you're unable to settle issues in private, please contact a member of the Administration, they are there to help you.
- Private messages are a completely private communications system. Private discussions should be kept between the private parties and not be made public. Be warned, however, that there is an added risk to participating in private messaging due to the fact that the other party may not uphold this rule. Any member harassing another via private messaging will be exempt from this rule, and dealt with by the administration accordingly.
- No member will openly attack or disrespect another member. This is cause for a ban.
- If you are having a conversation with someone else on your end (not in the server, but in real life) please be respectful and mute your mic.
- If you are going to be AFK in the Lobby for a long time (excess of 1 hour), please sign out of the server, if we get close to server capacity, the admins will either move you to the AFK channel or kick you from the server if the need arises. If you are idle for longer than 2 hours, you will be kicked from the server to allow for other users.
- Be polite. These are people too that are on the server, so don't interrupt others. Treat them like you are in the same room with them.
- Do not enter a channel and talk instantly, there may be a conversation already going on. Wait a moment before announcing yourself to allow others to finish their thought process.
- If you are playing a game with others in the channel, please navigate to a Gaming Channel so your game chatter won't interrupt other conversations.
- If you have a problem with someone, either message them privately, mute them, or contact an Admin so that the issue can be resolved.
- While we condone legal drinking, please do not come on the server drunk and belligerent. You will be talked to and asked to leave if your behavior is out of control. Admins reserve the right to temporarily ban people in this instance.
- Use common sense most of all! Don't be a douchebag!
- This is a server for Rooster Teeth members. Please do not give out server information to your friends that have nothing to do with the site. If you require to speak with them, use Skype.
These Rooster Speak Rules were updated by the current Rooster Speak administration on April 9th, 2014.
Q: What is TeamSpeak?
A: "TeamSpeak is a proprietary Voice over IP software that allows users to speak on a chat channel with other users, much like a telephone conference call." GG Wikipedia!
Q: Do I need to pay for TeamSpeak?
A: No. The TeamSpeak app itself and its regular updates are free. If you are interested in donating to help keep the server up and running, please see below.
Q: What do I need to use TeamSpeak?
A: Headphones, a nice quality microphone, and a computer with an internet connection.
Q: Where do I get TeamSpeak?
A: www.teamspeak.com/ and click "Free Download"
Q: What will happen when I connect to the server for the first time?
A: Don't panic if you can't see anyone typing or hear anyone talking. When you first connect you'll find yourself in the Welcome Center. From there, one of our Rooster Speak admins will come up and greet you. This process includes removing the green flag which indicates that you are a new user, explaining some of our rules, and verifying your RoosterTeeth.com account. They'll also answer anymore question you might have and then they'll move you to the main lobby.
Q: What is the best way to use my microphone?
A: It depends. Push to talk is always the first option (and the most advisable one) as it means that you are not continuously transmitting noise from your end of the world. Some people prefer to use voice activation detection, but this can only be used it you are wearing headphones as the mic will pick up the voices coming through your speakers and create feedback. Continuous Transmission is never suggested.
Q: How do I become an admin?
A: Be active, appropriate, knowledgeable, helpful, and just all around awesome. The current administration will notice you and approach you about it if they feel as though they are in need of an additional admin.
Q: I was kicked from the server, you should ban the person that kicked me!?
A: Our administrators have been chosen for a reason; if you were kicked, there would have been an explanation as to why. If you feel that you were wronged please file a complaint and take a screenshot of the time period to support your case and approach another admin.
Q: I was told that there are no donations involved with this server, but I want to contribute somehow?
A: As of March 31st, 2016, we are now accepting donations to the server. Please take a look at this post for more information.
Q: I want to get Rooster Speak to help me do a fundraiser for something I'm working on; can we set something up?
A: Yes, we are always happy to help out the community, please get in touch with one of the admins so that they can help set something up within the community. Do not, however, take it into your own hands and start soliciting for donations - if you do that, you will be warned. If you continue solicitations, you will be permanently banned from the server.
Don't be a dick.
Q: What would happen if I was rage quitting on, or being inappropriate to someone in the server?
A: This is more of an etiquette problem than a server issue, but regardless, you'll be moved into another channel and spoken to by an admin. We understand that sometimes we can all get ahead of ourselves, so that's why we have the following system:
1. You will be approached and talked to by an administrator.
2. If your behavior continues, you will be temporarily banned for 24 hours.
3. If, when you come back, you are still having problems of this nature or if there are further complaints, you will be permanently banned.
Q: Where do I go if this FAQ didn't answer any of my important questions about TeamSpeak?
A: You go here - www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq. If you have any further questions about Rooster Speak, please contact an administrator, as theyâ€™re here to help you with any issues you may experience.
This Rooster Speak FAQ was updated by the current Rooster Speak administration on March 31st, 2016.
5 years agoWarpek
So there's this part of my town called Isla Vista which is the two square mile college town connected to the University of California in Santa Barbara. A few years ago, the kids (despite the fact that I'm calling them kids, they're around my age) decided to throw a huge beach party called Floatopia. Due to the fact that a bunch of kids got hurt and there were some casualties, the local authorities shut down the beach the following year when that event was planned again. In response, Floatopia was moved to the main party street, Del Playa Drive, and renamed Deltopia. It's been an annual event for a few years now...
This weekend was Deltopia.
There were 15,000+ people in attendance.
There were riots last night.
I'm not talking riots due to an injustice...
I'm talking burning mattresses,
tearing down stop signs,
literally attacking cops,
tear gas, rubber bullets, and swat teams
I will never understand people.
Love and hugs,
Rooster Teeth XBL Community
What's Going On in the RT Community
RT's Community Content of the Week
The Rooster Teeth Community
There are no images yet. Create an album!
No questions have been answered yet