So, let me preface this with saying I'm not trolling against Valve. I thought the left 4 dead 2 boycotters were retarded, and I LOVE valve games.
But WHAT is up with left 4 dead 2?
90% of the game ROCKS but there are big, big problems with the remaining 10%.
For example, I'm getting a lot of framerate drop. Especially in the finales of the campaigns. It wasn't SO bad on most of them (it's noticable but I can deal with it) but it was HORRENDOUS on The Parish's bridge run. I was playing solo campaign offline and got very disruptive choppyness. It was like playing online with a slow connection. I was apalled. Has anyone experienced this as well?
Does anyone know how to remedy this, if at all possible?
So another big, big problem is the AI, which is really completely useless in this game! It seems like Valve has put in most of the crescendo events as sprint to the finish line runs (which I think is awesome) but the AI doesn't follow you that well! They want to plant and take out the horde, which never stops until you turn off the switch (like the alarm in The Parish or the coaster in dark carnival, etc.). If you're trying to quickly run to the end you'll end up leaving your teammates behind, getting pounced or snatched and dying.
Also, it seems like the AI is buggy when it comes to just saving you! I was pounced by a hunter and AI Coach was LITERALLY just sitting there getting smacked by two COMMON infected over and over while I'm getting owned by the hunter. He could have just smacked the hunter off of me but he just sat there until he himself was incapped by the two common infected. Similar things have happend with the other AI characters as well. They're really slow compared to the Left 4 dead 1 AI who INSTANTLY got hunters/smokers off you.
I don't know. I've been reading a lot of other blogs and people seem to experience the same problem, so I imagine it'll be fixed with an update, but I'm slightly shocked that after so much work being put into this game, after so much advertising, and after so much controversey that valve, a very respected company, would put out a game that's so buggy.
Oh well. I still love the game and will just play exclusively online so I won't experience AI problems.