3 years ago
For anyone interested, here's a little run down of what my weekend was like.
To start off, you should know I was also working on my own project Red Undead which is no walk in the park.
- Met up with Caiti on Friday afternoon so she could speak to the Siren Visual guys (I set up my booth).
- Dropped off Caiti and Beau to the park so they could set up.
- Drove Justin to pick up BBQ stuff and drinks.
- Enjoyed a refreshing beer (thanks Beau)
- Drove back to the shops with Ainsley for more food (there was quite a big turn out).
- Helped keep things clean around the bbq and the park (cut finger on broken bottle).
- At Crown Casino, made sure Hunter from the US got a huge Long Island for his B'day.
- Guided Burnie to potential Black Jack tables in Crown.
HOURS SLEEP = 3
FOOD EATEN = 1 sausage
- Booth all day.
- The bonus was when I sent my team to get a photo with Burnie, he was awesome enough to sign a magnet for me too.
- Quickly packed down to make it back to hotel.
- Rain was a bitch (cabbed it into King Pin) so was a little late (and exhausted).
- Listened in on the end of Caiti's briefing.
- Set up banners.
- Had a few drinks and met a few people.
- Sat on registration table with Treb to replace Rhianna (waited for 3 no shows).
- Bartenders were super friendly (too friendly!).
- Scenes missing - but undoubtedly awesome fun.
HOURS SLEEP = ???
FOOD EATEN = 1 McChicken (lunch), 1 cocktail weiner, 1 wedge
Here's a dew photos of the friendly bar staff:
Energy restored. FUN times to the maximum!!
So was there a moral to this story? Yes, there is. A few in fact:
- RooTeeth/RTOZ staff are bloody hard workers.
- Shots are not the best idea when you're exhausted.
- RooTeeth/RTOZ staff know how to party!
3 years ago
Sean (nightwolf) was kind enough to have me on OzCast this week. Check it out here and also check out the other previous episodes.
I love the RED UNDEAD plugs!
See you all at the RTOZ Friday BBQ! And don't forget to drop by and say hi at Armageddon and get your free magnet.
3 years ago
For the past 9 years I haven't taken a day off for my birthday. If it happened to land on a weekend then that was awesome but I think it's only happened twice. I've always gone to Uni or work and never intentionally taken the day off. It actually comes as a bit of a relief to just have a Tuesday off work. Nothing really planned, no work to do. A real day off from everything. Might even turn my phone off ... that's totally tempting. Maybe no internet!
Tomorrow I'll wake up, do some P90X, meet a really nice girl, have some really nice ... well if you know the song then you'll know what I'm after. Anyway, I might even go and finally save Princess Peach. Haven't had the chance to finish Galaxy so it would be good to tie up loose ends.
So, October 4, tomorrow I will relish you, enjoy you and make the most out of you in the laziest way possible.