Not Specified
from TX

  • Activity

    • RTX Day 2 & 3

      2 years ago


      Day 2 was rather uneventful. My brother and I walked around the Exhibit Hall and bought merch. The food there was rather expensive, so we only bought a drink for lunch (no matter how hard I pestered for popcorn-- it smelled so good). We wanted to line up for the RT Podcast, but the line was atrociously long.

      We continued to mill around the Exhibit Hall until our feet swelled up. When they did, my brother and I both decided to call it a day.

      That night, we ate at the Burger Bar on Congress. I fed a pigeon I named Rodrick fries, and he sat with me for awhile until I refused to feed him anymore. He walked away, came back a few times to try again, before flying off.

      Day 3 was around the same.

      We spent around two hours at the convention center. I met Ray and Griffon and had them sign my sketchbook before I shopped for a Camp Camp shirt and a Cow Chop throw pillow. 

      I headed back to the hotel around 1:30 p.m. and my mother convince me to hop in the pool, even though our luggage were already waiting in the car for us. Without realizing my iPhone was in my pocket, I hopped in and swam around in my RTX 2017 t-shirt and denim shorts for around thirty minutes.

      She... she didn't make it.

      Luckily for me, I managed to have a backup on my iPod. I save my pictures from the con.

      We made it back to Dallas around 8:30 p.m., exhausted and defeated.

      It was a good RTX, and although it might be my last, I look forward for what Rooster Teeth has in store for the next ones!

    • RTX Austin Day 1

      2 years ago


      I woke up at 7:15 this morning to get my complimentary breakfast. It was mediocre, to be honest. I was forced to eat the sinful fruit called Grapefruit, and it sort of ruined my appetite. I spent the rest of breakfast drinking my orange juice in a cup that masked it to look like coffee. Although, the balcony was very comforting and just pleasant to sit at. I'm rather happy with the way the day began.

      I headed out around 10 a.m., headed to the Hilton to check out the lines, and was sent back and told to arrive at noon. So, my brother and I headed back to our hotel to wait two hours. We spent our time on our phones, showing each other memes or just chatting with each other. That was a pleasant time, too. My hotel room is chilly, which is the best thing for this horrid Texas heat.

      Those two hours sped by. At noon, we left our hotel and walked to the Hilton once again. My brother and I bickered the entire way there ("Autumn we're going to  be the first ones there" "Then we'll get a damn good seat"-- you know, sibling banter). From the side of the convention center we could see the line for the Cow Chop panel. We shared a dirty look before lining up.

      We waited for another two hours. 

      We did get some pretty good seats, though.

      After the panel, my brother and I headed back. Waiting for two hours with a hundred or so people was exhausting, so we decided we wouldn't attend another panel that day. My brother crashed as soon as we got inside of the hotel room. I sat by the pool.

      Strangely, my group ended up going to Fado, an Irish Pub a few blocks away. I ordered a burger, my mom ordered a freakishly huge pretzel, and our waiter was probably high as hell. Dinner, in my opinion, was rather long. I was exhausted, but everyone else wanted to walk down the street to some bridge so we could watch bats wake up for the night. So, instead of going back to our hotel and crashing, we did that.

      And we could barely even see them.

      After deciding to split up, my brother and I walked back to our hotel room.

      The funniest thing, though? I'm not even tired anymore.

    • RTX Austin Day 0

      2 years ago


      I arrived in Austin around 3:30 p.m. today. Being crammed in a small car with 4 other people, I found it hard to take any good pictures of Downtown Austin's skyline, but I did get some pretty funny videos that were often interrupted by the driver freaking out when driving on large bridges.

      Yeah. It wasn't that much fun of a car ride, but we managed.

      I spent the next hour waiting in line for my badge at the JW Marriott. I'd like to say it was way smoother this time around, but then again, it is Day 0; I was lucky enough to grab my weekend pass, First sticker, and RTX 2017 drawstring bag quickly. Although I didn't meet anyone, I heard some rather interesting stories behind me about the Korean Mafia. It was pretty wild.

      So, I spent the rest of my time until dinner sitting in my hotel room with my two other roommates. We sat in silence, looking at our cellphones and laptops and ignored each other until we had to figure out what we wanted for dinner. 

      Spoiler alert: it was Cedar Door, which is right behind my hotel. 

      The menu was hard to understand, and even though I am a little bit slow, it took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to order. I ended up ordering the White Wings (which is an appetizer), but gods, it was really tasty. Like, I never thought I'd like buffalo chicken wings with wrapped bacon and jalapeno, but here I am.

      Overall, Day 0 was a great day, even though it sprinkled a little bit while we waited for our food.

      Here's hoping Day 1 will be even better!

  • Comments (0)

  • Questions

    No questions have been answered yet